Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Route Help - Northern Kent / Sussex

Hi, hope someone can give me a bit of advice. Dragging my friend out for a swift 30 miles somewhere in the Westerham area on the weekend. It's neither of our regular stamping grounds but we require a circular route with either a pub at about the 20 mile mark or at the end for a rather nice lunch. Preferably quiet routes so we can tootle along and discuss marital break ups and her rubbish husband (She bought him a Cannondale which he never uses but there are other more significant crimes).

Anyway, enough waffle. I don;t need a detailed GPS etc, just a list of villages in order would do. Thanks in advance of your help.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

girodilento | 13 years ago
0 likes

My pleasure - it's pretty hilly around there but some lovely quiet country lanes and good views. I ride round there a lot. Have fun.

girodilento | 13 years ago
0 likes

Here's a suggestion for you. From Westerham head up Hosey Hill. Turn down the road to Chartwell (Mapleton) to Four Elms, then ride onto Hever. Then ride on to Mark Beech, Cowden and Hartfield turning towards Withyam and back up to Blackham. If you then ride towards Penshurst there are couple of good looking pubs on Cold Harbour Road. Once you get to Chiddingstone Causeway (via Penshurst) you can either retrace your steps via Four Elms or climb up Ide Hill and drop down to Sundridge and head back along to Westerham. That's about 35 miles and a good ride. It's great countryside out there. Hope that helps.

GdL

slow-cyclo replied to girodilento | 13 years ago
0 likes

That is quality service sir, much obliged. It looks great, plenty of green and nice quiet roads away from the main arterials. Now off to consult the good beer guide  4

Latest Comments