Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Finding discount bikes - I'm lazy !

I've been window-shopping the bike shops online and just wondered if anyone has come across any sites that highlight the latest clearance sales or such like. I mean some sort of deal-gathering site.

There's lots of banners around to get you to click on retailer sales, but its a bit of a job keeping track visiting all the shops.

Seems to be loads of sites if you want mobile phones or TV's etc, but not much for bikes. I've given up looking on those spammy shopping directories.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

terrytubby | 12 years ago
0 likes

Come the glorious day we'll make school visits to nugget factories compulsory !

Until then unfortunately £3-00 buys you 10 Pepperami, which the kids treat as a treat. That's 30p each for a minute little sausage thing and I'd guess a massive margin.

terrytubby | 12 years ago
0 likes

Bit of an old thread, but I found this the other day while looking for some winter boots - bit similar to that bike one;

cycle discounts

looks a bit unfinished though I was after a helmet but not listed.

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

i read an interesting stat not so long ago: the UK *exports* almost exactly the same volume of bottled water as it *imports*. the world's gone mad etc and so on

terrytubby replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

i read an interesting stat not so long ago: the UK *exports* almost exactly the same volume of bottled water as it *imports*. the world's gone mad etc and so on

at least us cyclists have highly efficient hydration packs and happy to fill up water bottles at the nearest pub  3

terrytubby | 13 years ago
0 likes

Yes, I'm pretty lacking in that department !

On the other hand living in the real world does stop me buying clingfilmed brocolli at £3.35 per kg, as against £2.20 per kg for the loose stuff  3

Mind you, some folks are probably spooked by those Dettol adverts and wash loose brocolli in it just in case there's a bacteria on it.

Packaged vegetables should be banned.
And diluted screenwash.
And bottled water.

Oh, dear, a couple of drinks and I'm off on one...

timlennon replied to terrytubby | 13 years ago
0 likes
terrytubby wrote:

Packaged vegetables should be banned.
And diluted screenwash.
And bottled water.

Oh, dear, a couple of drinks and I'm off on one...

That doesn't make you wrong!  4

0 likes

Oh yes, hadn't noticed that ! I've seen some larger retailers do that (not cycling) - like the coop 'good with food' ends up at the coop anyway. Well not quite the same I suppose, although why anyone would type in 'good with food' instead of the coop is a bit beyond me.

handlebarcam replied to terrytubby | 13 years ago
0 likes
terrytubby wrote:

why anyone would type in 'good with food' instead of the coop is a bit beyond me.

You need a degree in marketing to "undertand" that kind of thing.

Simon E replied to handlebarcam | 12 years ago
0 likes
handlebarcam wrote:
terrytubby wrote:

why anyone would type in 'good with food' instead of the coop is a bit beyond me.

You need a degree in marketing to "undertand" that kind of thing.

You need a job in marketing to even think that kind of bollocks.

We have The Grocer (weekly trade mag) at work and it's nearly all about marketing/advertising/packaging campaigns to sell more junk food to gullible people. What a way to make a living  2

0 likes

bikesales is just wheelhub with a different skin on, they both run from the same IP  1

0 likes

That one's a bit random !

Came across this one the other day sort of thing I meant:
bikesales.org.uk

Seems to have some main retailers, although few missing but at least it saves a bit of tiem.

Vankru Performa... | 13 years ago
0 likes

Try out http://www.mtbroutes.com/ for a Wiggle/Evans/Chain Reaction comparision site.

0 likes

Thanks Dave that one's quite handy - saw it a year or so ago and forgot about it.

TheBigMong | 13 years ago
0 likes

If you have all day to sit on the internet, check out www.bonktown.com where most deals are 50% off or so. They just run one deal at a time until the time runs out or the item sells out, then they post the next one. Lots of gear, some good framesets and complete bikes from time to time. It can be a bit of a timesuck though. (You've been warned!)

0 likes

if you know what bike you're looking for, www.wheelhub.co.uk is worth a go...

Latest Comments