Home

Hello all,

Here's one for ya's..

When out riding, I place my Iphone in a material pouch along with a debit card and place in my jersey pocket (as I guess most of us do).

Anyway, I'm beginning to get worried about the amount of sweat and condensation on the phone when I return from my ride and am convinced it can't be doing the phone any good.

Other than buying a hard case type wallet or attempting to place phone in saddlebag (no room as I only use a minibag for tubes/levers) ... does anyone have any tips on how to avoid this?

Cheers.

9 comments

Jonty79 [26 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

When I bought some new cycling gloves they came in one of those re-sealable plastic bags which has proved very useful for keeping my phone dry!

Personally though I prefer to keep valuables in my saddle bag. Have an Altura speed - plenty of room.

phax71 [287 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Cheers

Surely a plastic type bag would generate far more moisture though??

I'll give it a try this afternoon on a little loop I have planned.

Ramaye [25 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Resealable sandwich bags. As long as things are dry when they go in you get no moisture build up. Also rain proof.

MrsK [43 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I wrecked my phone in a "waterproof" jacket once. Rain had got in the pocket somehow and the waterproofing created a pool that soaked it completely.Since then I pop mine in a sandwich bag, which has withstood pretty much everything so far. Seems to keep condensation out when it is in my rear pocket as well.

adscrim [139 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I use a zip lock bag too and while it does generate more moisture, it's all on the outside of the bag. I've also reinforced the bag with duct tape.

0 likes

A ziploc bag it is by the look of things ..

I'll have a rumage in the kitchen , see whats available for todays ride ..

CHEERS!!!

jayme [117 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I use the Haglofs Watatait case. It is very thin and fully waterproof and you can still use the phone whilst it's inside. It costs about £11 from a good outdoor retailer.

0 likes

Well, we have results ...

Just been and done a little 20 mile loop using the Ziploc sandwich bag suggested here .... and would ya Adam n Eve it??

Fantastico and mucho cheapo ... save ya cash and raid the wifey's kitchen lads, sandwich bags are the way forward.

Cheers to all who suggested them!

low-fi [29 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

This was a worry for me too. I’ve had the sensor things they put in the phones go red on my old Sony Ericsson phone…and that was inside a sealed plastic food bag: do be aware  13

To solve the issue once and for all, I bought a Beachbuoy, and it’s brilliant. Certified down to 5 metres (not even the UK rains that badly!). http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=4154&t_mode=des

They’re only about a tenner, so well worth it.