Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Cycling Chat

Haussler and Stybar, where are they?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

80 comments

rcs500 replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the info! I like your tip about the GC riders for MSR. I like Wiggo, but I don't need him for that race!

msw | 13 years ago
0 likes

OK, so changing rider values & transfers...

If one of my riders goes up in value and I then transfer them out, do I get their post-increase value to spend on another rider - even if it takes my team value over 175 points?

And secondly: will the total aggregate cost of all riders in the game stay the same, so that the improvers are balanced out by the decliners?

demoff | 13 years ago
0 likes

Whats the code for the Purists league please?

dave atkinson replied to demoff | 13 years ago
0 likes
demoff wrote:

Whats the code for the Purists league please?

No code for that one: it will magically appear after a couple of stages, with all the purists in it. We know who you are.

dave atkinson replied to msw | 13 years ago
0 likes
msw wrote:

OK, so changing rider values & transfers...

If one of my riders goes up in value and I then transfer them out, do I get their post-increase value to spend on another rider - even if it takes my team value over 175 points?

And secondly: will the total aggregate cost of all riders in the game stay the same, so that the improvers are balanced out by the decliners?

1) yes: you can amass extra money by being canny.
2) not necessarily.

demoff replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

demoff replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

No code for that one: it will magically appear after a couple of stages, with all the purists in it. We know who you are.

4  4  4

Robrien | 13 years ago
0 likes

hi
i kinda made a mistake- by accident i transfered Casar for cunego without doing anything and i can't transfer him back. please can i have some help changing him back.

Jamesss replied to Robrien | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi Rob, your stupid.  31

SHBR replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

3) No, if a rider is greyed out you don't get a free transfer. Life can be tough, but at least it's tough for everyone  1

Slightly confused now :-S ....I have six riders greyed out and it says I have six transfers available before Gent-Wevelgem! I only expected four - which is right? (Not complaining if I have six!)

Steve_H | 13 years ago
0 likes

Bit confused. I picked my team and it included Cancellara. He finished 2nd, so I was expecting at least 19 points in total, plus I had some HTC Highroad riders so thought I should have got more points. However I am currently showing as having zero points. Have I done something wrong?

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

I've gone through everyone that's emailed me about getting zero points and so far one of the following has been true:

1) they didn't have nine riders selected
2) the completed their team selection after the deadline for the stage

if you did either of those things you won't have any points for stage 1.

We've changed the transfers to six for this stage based on the amount of rider changes. it reverts to four next week.

Steve_H replied to Steve_H | 13 years ago
0 likes
Steve_H wrote:

Bit confused. I picked my team and it included Cancellara. He finished 2nd, so I was expecting at least 19 points in total, plus I had some HTC Highroad riders so thought I should have got more points. However I am currently showing as having zero points. Have I done something wrong?

There was me happily looking forward to the coverage in the afternoon on Eurosport. Starts shortly after 1.00pm. My stupid schoolboy error of course was not realising that a 298km race might have to start a bit earlier than the tv coverage starts.

I put my team together in the morning, got it all finished by about 9.30. This of course is after the cut-off point. Therefore although I'm frustrated at getting a late start here, especially after picking a squad that did quite well in the race, I have to concede that it was clearly my own fault. Grrr.

WolfieSmith replied to Jamesss | 13 years ago
0 likes

You mean 'you're' stupid? Bad manners are depressing 'Jamesss' - illiteracy is unforgivable.

worders | 13 years ago
0 likes

I too fell into the trap of scoring 0 points because I only selected 8 riders. The reason being the wording on my team homepage said 'You may complete a partial team at any point during the game' leading me to believe I could get away with 8 riders, not 9.

Speedy1319 | 13 years ago
0 likes

I thought that the transfer window for GW finished at 9 last night so I panicked and made some stupid transfers! I now see that you have until next week to make the changes. Is that right?

Jamesss | 13 years ago
0 likes

My friend, helped me make my fantasy league team, he put a stupid team name of pedalphiles???? I really do not want this team name! is there any way you can change it? thanks.

dave atkinson replied to Jamesss | 13 years ago
0 likes
Jamesss wrote:

My friend, helped me make my fantasy league team, he put a stupid team name of pedalphiles???? I really do not want this team name! is there any way you can change it? thanks.

yes, just click on 'my account' and you can change it in there.

Jamesss replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, now all i need to do is think of a good name  39

the fluoxetine kid | 13 years ago
0 likes

just a thank you for organising a superb comp.
ps I seem to have 6 transfers not 4 for next stage, is this becos I didnt use the 2 in race transfers and so they are added ??

0 likes

No, we decided to up the transfers to 6 for this stage as there were a *lot* of roster changes. back to 4 for the next few...

Jamesss | 13 years ago
0 likes

are there any team leaders racing in the next event?  7

0 likes

nope, not a single one is on the start roster  22

looks like Cyril Dessel will be a popular pick...  1

Hammerite | 13 years ago
0 likes

What happens with no GC riders in our teams? Do we all just race with and get points for 8 riders?

dave atkinson replied to Hammerite | 13 years ago
0 likes
Hammerite wrote:

What happens with no GC riders in our teams? Do we all just race with and get points for 8 riders?

yes but don't forget that you need to select nine riders to score points in a stage. for G-W that means picking a non-participating GC rider. them's the breaks...

Hammerite | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Dave. Yes I have 9 riders in team. No problem not getting a score for the GC rider if everyone is in the same boat.

meninblack | 13 years ago
0 likes

Is there any possibility to reset changes? What happens in case of this kind of change? I choose Freire instead of Farrar, today I read that Freire will not participate, so I'd like to choose Farrar again. Is it possible when I've made other 5 changes?

miffed | 13 years ago
0 likes

So for transfers do I get 6 this week then another 4 for the week after. So for example I could transfer most of my team out and then four back for Flanders?

Also Is there going to be a cost increase in riders between GMAT wellegrem and Flanders?

0 likes

changes can't be reset, sorry...

dave atkinson replied to miffed | 13 years ago
0 likes
miffed wrote:

So for transfers do I get 6 this week then another 4 for the week after. So for example I could transfer most of my team out and then four back for Flanders?

Also Is there going to be a cost increase in riders between GMAT wellegrem and Flanders?

1) yes. six this week, then four a classic for the rest of the classics.

2) rider values get recalculated when we update the scores, based on how they scored and their popularity. so they might go up, or they might go down...  1

Pages

Latest Comments