dave atkinson [6258 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

And le mevel  1 1

The Good Shepherd [47 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

What about Ricco?

James Warrener [1083 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Le Mevel will be one ot have on the list for the summer.

TheBigMong [212 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

How about Menchov? And Sastre?

DaveP [412 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Anyone got a league I can join?

0 likes

Here's mine : 6535

0 likes

6493 is the road.cc invitational  1

noleafclover [31 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Joined!

Fringe [1047 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

joined..
ta

0 likes

Is that an invite?  3

jjlm [3 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I can't find Yoan Offredo...

jjlm [3 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

and Hutarovych?

broomwagonblog [14 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Oiiiiiii, how about FDJ!? The whole team is MIA!

0 likes

We'll be adding all the Pro Conti teams over the next week, so stay tuned  1

81bambi [65 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Anyone no what's happened to Geraint Thomas?
He was there, he was a steal at 14 points, I had him in my team, checked it today he was greyed out and he has vanished from the list of domestiques!!

0 likes
81bambi wrote:

Anyone no what's happened to Geraint Thomas?
He was there, he was a steal at 14 points, I had him in my team, checked it today he was greyed out and he has vanished from the list of domestiques!!

he's not down in Sky's published start list for the milan san remo - they're the only team so far to have published a start list. that's why he's greyed out.

he shouldn't disappear from the big list though so i've reinstated him for now while we work out why that is.

0 likes

okay now you have three display options for the big list: all the riders, all the riders currently selected for the next race (this list will get shorter as the race approaches) and just the popular riders.

rcs500 [55 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I see we have a bunch of the Pro Conti teams now, but not all. Will Europcar get added later? I know they might not be at Milan San Remo, but Voeckler is likely to do well at some other classics...

0 likes
rcs500 wrote:

I see we have a bunch of the Pro Conti teams now, but not all. Will Europcar get added later? I know they might not be at Milan San Remo, but Voeckler is likely to do well at some other classics...

they're in there, click on 'show all riders' and you'll get all the teams, not just the MSR ones

0 likes

Thanks very much for the info! I'm really looking forward to this starting up, in case you couldn't tell. I'm so glad you guys are doing a full season this year and not just the Grand Tours (though those were fun too!)

robert.brady [155 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

When can we expect the last of the teams entered in the Milan San Remo to submit their rider line up?

Rob

0 likes

not till a few days beforehand, most likely...

cable43 [5 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Hello - new guy from across the Atlantic lookin to join a league. Any takers?

Best

0 likes
cable43 wrote:

Hello - new guy from across the Atlantic lookin to join a league. Any takers?

6493 is the road.cc invitational - join us  1

rjl [16 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Hi guys,

I have a question. Suppose these results in Milano - San Remo:

1. Cavendish (HTC) 20 points
2. Boonen (Quick) 19 points
3. Hushovd (Garmin) 18 points
4. Goss (HTC) 17 points + 5 points (winner team: HTC)
5. Gilbert (Omega) 16 points

Is that correct? Will Goss get 22 points, 2 points more than the Milano - San Remo's winner? it doesn't seem fair... or Cavendish will get 20 + 5 points?

0 likes
rjl wrote:

Hi guys,

I have a question. Suppose these results in Milano - San Remo:

1. Cavendish (HTC) 20 points
2. Boonen (Quick) 19 points
3. Hushovd (Garmin) 18 points
4. Goss (HTC) 17 points + 5 points (winner team: HTC)
5. Gilbert (Omega) 16 points

Is that correct? Will Goss get 22 points, 2 points more than the Milano - San Remo's winner? it doesn't seem fair... or Cavendish will get 20 + 5 points?

yup, that's correct. maybe he'll get 10 points for being road.cc rider of the day too, who knows?  1

rjl [16 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

OK, thanks!!  16 16

0 likes

I have a question about transfers...

We're allowed two transfers between Classics races, but how does the start list figure into this? For example, say 3 of my team members for Milan San-Remo are NOT on the start list for Gent-Wevelgem. (grayed out) Am I forced to use my two transfers to fill the spots of guys who won't be racing? Or do I get an additional transfer for each rider who won't be starting? And in the above example, would I then have a "grayed out" rider left on my team when Gent-Wevelgem starts?

I think this is important, because it changes the whole way you have to set up your team. If we're forced to use transfers to fill "empty" spots, it's harder to move in riders you really want to. And the domestiques for each team change pretty much race to race, so all the transfers would get used up switching them around. It changes the strategy for "King of the Classics" so you have to pick the riders who will be on start lists the most, regardless of performance.

Thanks for listening to my long question!

0 likes
rcs500 wrote:

I have a question about transfers...

We're allowed two transfers between Classics races, but how does the start list figure into this? For example, say 3 of my team members for Milan San-Remo are NOT on the start list for Gent-Wevelgem. (grayed out) Am I forced to use my two transfers to fill the spots of guys who won't be racing? Or do I get an additional transfer for each rider who won't be starting? And in the above example, would I then have a "grayed out" rider left on my team when Gent-Wevelgem starts?

Thanks for listening to my long question!

1) you're allowed four transfers between classics races, not two.

2) you don't *have* to transfer out riders who aren't riding. probably at some point during the classics you'll forego a full riding squad, either by choice or because you can't make a full roster. For instance, I haven't picked either of the GC riders who are riding MSR, because I wanted to spend the money on all-rounders with a better chance - i think - of getting points.

3) No, if a rider is greyed out you don't get a free transfer. Life can be tough, but at least it's tough for everyone  1

4) if you have greyed out riders in your team, that's still a valid team so long as you have 9 riders selected. we've just sent out an email to let everyone know this, as there was some confusion...

Pages