Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Submarine building (old parts donations)

Hi Guys, The regulars on the site may remember this article /content/news/15591-pedal-powered-submarine-takes-air Basically I (plus team of fresh faced engineers from the University of Bath) are building a human powered (Thats me) submarine to take to America to race against 35 other Universities from across the globe in July. We are running on a very tight budget for the build and need to acquire as much possible from sponsorship in kind (this is where you come in) Literally any bike parts not matter how old or worn can be useful to us; particularly 9speed chains and cassettes, hubs (disc mount ideally but not fussy) pedals, and derailleurs. Even old frames can be useful as we can cut sections out for test rigs etc. If you are in the Bath/Bristol area then I a happy to collect or if you are kind enough to throw in some postage and packaging time/money then that would be great. Heres a link about the project too http://www.bath.ac.uk/mech-eng/burst/hps/index.htm And an address to post to is: Trevor Allen Human Powered Submarine Team (BURST) Department of Mechanical Engineering University of Bath Bath BA2 7AY Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments