Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Selle SMP

Anyone out there used one of those Selle SMP saddles, the big-gap-drop-nose ones? They look interesting, and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback. Larger riders, preferably, as I'm more of a Clydesdale roadie...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

cactuscat | 14 years ago
0 likes

or, you could go to http://www.sellesmp.com/en/default.htm instead of bicyclerubber's shopping site...  1

bicyclerubber | 14 years ago
0 likes

I ride a couple of them. I started with the SMP4 Bike TRK (which is now relegated to the turbo trainer bike) and then changed to an SMP4Bike Hybrid for my everyday bike and SMP4Bike Pro for my better bikes

The advantages of the hybrid and pro, imo, are the narrower nose. Narrow enough to make for free and easy pedalling.

Also, I tend to sit forward on the saddle a lot when I am trying and 'the beak' is very comfortable in those circumstances.

You can read some of the science and see pretty much the full range at www.smpsaddle.co.uk

cactuscat | 15 years ago
0 likes

but i didn't get on with it to be honest. i tend to like a wide saddle but just didn't find the wings were the right shape for my backside. horses for course though.

Latest Comments