Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cycling holdiay in Ariège

I am in the process of organising a cycling holiday to the Ariège in the South of France from the 9th to 16th April. I am doing it on behalf of some friends who are setting up a Gite business based in the small village of Fougax et Barrineuf which sits just below the famous Cathar fortification of Montsegur. As an experiment they asked me if I would run a cycling holiday for them. Having been there a couple of times I can confirm there are lots of wonderful cols on really quiet roads through gorgeous countryside. I am looking for 8-10 cyclists who want to ride in a beautiful place in warm weather and are keen to do 6 hardish road rides.

Cost will be £345 per person for dinner, B & B and a week’s guided riding.

Post here or email in profile.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

framebuster | 13 years ago
0 likes

Last call if anybody is keen to escape the Pyrennes.

0 likes

Still one or two places left. Either post here or email me direct. Go on you know you want to ride in beautiful countryside with the sun on your back and then relax to French food and a few glasses of wine!

0 likes

I have been down there for the last couple of Easter Holidays staying with them. The weather has been wonderful. Borrowed and mtb a couple of times and went for miles on trails from the door. The roads look fantastic. Anybody with any local knowledge of where has to be done and where should be avoided would be much appreciated.
Still got about 4 places on the holiday if anybody is still keen.

email is
petemayne [at] btinternet.com

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

Can't go, but sounds like a good craic, it's lovely down there. hope you get some takers...

Latest Comments