Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Flanders from Bristol area

Has anyone here entered the Tour of Flanders from around the Bristol area? My riding buddy has pulled out and I'm keen to still go, having done the training and booked accomodation etc.
I've entered the big'un(260 km...eek!)and was hoping to come back after watching the pros on the Sunday-dependent upon beer and frites consumption! Would be good too share some driving duties and costs...with a possible backup from spills on the cobbles!
cheers
Bruce

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

bk | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the offers- I've managed to hook up with a MTB buddy and his group that are doing the long one. Hopefully there should enough of us to cover driving duties if there is a mishap on the Pave! Seb, we should be ok to fit you in the van (we are 4 up at the moment, but should be room for one more)if you want to come along. I think the plan is go from Friday and come back Sunday after the main even. I'm away in Devon this weekend, but will be riding Tuesday night( if its not too grim!) and a few other days after work, plus the weekend if you fancy a ride out. I'm in South Bristol, in Southville btw.
cheers
Bruce

aserbe | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi Bruce,
I saw your message as i was planning the weekend in Belgium. I live in Bristol and i would be keen on going there not on my own. My riding buddy isn't sure to come yet so i am looking up for other options. I would be more than happy to share the cost of the journey and if things are going well we could even ride together. What about if we went out for a ride this weekend or the next one, so we can chat things over.
Please let me know.
Cheers,
seb

William Lanigan | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi Bruce,
I'm not from Bristol but live in the Flanders region. I'll be riding the 150km version but if you need backup on the cobbles following a mishap, I'll be happy to help if possible.
Thanks
William

Latest Comments