Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Boardman CX Pro or Scott CX Comp 2011????

Help please as not decided which bike to go for on C2W scheme.

Have done lots of research but still very confused as am a returning cyclist thanks to the scheme.

Any other cyclocross bikes (under £1000) suggestions very welcome.

Many thanks for any advice.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

chilipapa | 13 years ago
0 likes

All of the above, but can I throw in the Pearson Double cross from Pearson Cycles. Not sure if they do C2W, but the frame is a badged up Zepnat. It's a proper racer that will take guards and bottles. I can vouch for it having raced a couple of seasons on mine, then after the season it gets turned over for winter training including reliability trials and some sportives.

Stephanos | 13 years ago
0 likes

Check out the Giant TCX series. It's supposed to be a good frame, even though the 105 version is a tad bit more a expensive than the Cannondale.

JC | 13 years ago
0 likes

I like my Boardman CX - 28mm slicks added - SKS mudgaurds added - Brakes adjusted and I'm all set for ripping up the winter commute

othello | 13 years ago
0 likes

I've been looking for a cheap cross bike, second hand is fine. Been struggling. It seems they hold their value really well.

handlebarcam replied to othello | 13 years ago
0 likes
othello wrote:

I've been looking for a cheap cross bike, second hand is fine. Been struggling. It seems they hold their value really well.

No, it is just that secondhand cyclocross bike come in two varieties: virtually unused ones for which the seller is looking to recoup a large portion of the new price, and ones that have actually been raced and are so scratched up and dinged that they are given away free to club mates.

Genesis do three or four different 'cross or 'cross-like bikes, depending on how you define them.

richmitch | 13 years ago
0 likes

check out the Cannondale CAADX

http://road.cc/content/review/28545-cannondale-caadx-105

worth adding to that list for sure, i'm about to order one for sure.  16

shishman replied to richmitch | 13 years ago
0 likes

Great bike but........my company is registered with the Halfords scheme and they can source other than their own brands. I spoke to them and they said the Cannondale CaadX 105 not available until May  2  20

Latest Comments