Home

Red Country Jersey Medium £75
Light Blue Country Jersey Medium £75
White Lightweight Jersey w/black armband Large £75

Email for pics if you like. All brand new and never worn and sold out at Rapha.

7 comments

baybash [12 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

That would be quite a profitable flip on the basis they were £30 each at the Rapha sample sale.

The _Kaner [970 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
baybash wrote:

That would be quite a profitable flip on the basis they were £30 each at the Rapha sample sale.

profiteering...or good business sense!?
Oh wait a minute...that would be Rapha!

Tony Farrelly [2875 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I don't really understand the problem with Rapha?

Other high end cycle clothing companies make their stuff from polyester - not Sportwool, in China, and with a much, much higher level of margin built in than Rapha I am sure, but they don't seem to get anything like the abuse Rapha do, or indeed any abuse at all.

It seems to me that it's the other stuff about Rapha that gets up some people's noses the "epicness"- cos most of their clothing is extremely well made and a fair bit of it actually justifies the price because it's built to last longer than cheaper rivals.

TheHatter [770 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
baybash wrote:

so were these samples or seconds - bad form not to mention if they are

Ciclicasati [19 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I bought them in the sale, they are definitely not seconds. I would not sell seconds without saying.
Im assuming most folk cant get down to that sale so this is still a considerable saving on the rrp for anyone looking for a nice summer jersey.

Got some other nice stuff im thinking of not keeping too.
Team Socks XL
Winter cap
Red cap
White Gillet medium
Black classic jersey medium.
Armwarmers medium
Softshell winter gloves Large
Touring shorts 34

Contact me if any of this interest you.

The _Kaner [970 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
tony_farrelly wrote:

I don't really understand the problem with Rapha?

Other high end cycle clothing companies make their stuff from polyester - not Sportwool, in China, and with a much, much higher level of margin built in than Rapha I am sure, but they don't seem to get anything like the abuse Rapha do, or indeed any abuse at all.

It seems to me that it's the other stuff about Rapha that gets up some people's noses the "epicness"- cos most of their clothing is extremely well made and a fair bit of it actually justifies the price because it's built to last longer than cheaper rivals.

Don't get me wrong. I like Rapha (gear) and the whole 'epicness' of their image. I own several tops, caps and socks.
Their prices could be called competitive (take the 'A' brand for a comparison). It may not be 'all image'- as the quality is decent. Some of the 'city clothing' is reasonably priced...go buy a shirt from TH and it'll cost as much if not more.
After all, they have a business to run, and why shouldn't it be profitable...but elsewhere on this 'forum' - there in lies the rub...they apparently don't want a certain other brand to be 'in the game' because it apparently affects their image (much less their profit margin...)
..sincerest form of flattery?..or does it hurt that someone is 'undercutting them'

Tony Farrelly [2875 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

As I've said I've got no brief for Rapha – and I certainly can't afford their merino commuting briefs  1 – but my guess is Rapha view Torm whether fairly or not, as counterfeiters not competitors.

Most of the design innovations claimed by Rapha have been copied or also thought of (and I'm not being sarcy here) by other manufacturers and as far as I can see Rapha will just have to such that up, but no-one, up until now, has assembled all those details and put them together in a classically styled Sportwool garment.

What is interesting here in terms of a rival company being accused of copying another's designs, if that's what's happened, is that usually it's the other way around - a big company copies a smaller one and dares them to do something about it. Here we seem to have a situation where a very, very small company is alleged to have copied a merely small company's designs (I've been to Rapha HQ - palatial it aint) the surprising thing is that a bigger company than Rapha hasn't tried to pay "cheeky homage" to them - the fact this hasn't happened suggests to me that maybe there isn't enough money in it to make it worth their while.

One of the things about Rapha that is not commented on is that an added reason for the high price of their stuff is the short production runs they do which means they don't enjoy the economies of scale of larger rivals or so I have been told by rival manufacturers.