Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Tiffin recipe

Just found my tiffin recipe which I thought I would share

4oz of butter or margarine
2oz of caster sugar
2 tablespoons of drinking chocolate
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
1 pkt of malted milk biscuits, broken
Chocolate to cover
Optional - fruit or nuts

1) Heat butter, sugar, drinking chocolate and syrup in a pan until melted.
2)Throw in broken biscuits, stir and press and leave to set in a brownie tin lined with tin foil.
3)When mixture has set cover with melted cooking chocolate. You can add fruit or nuts to this chocolate mix and then cover the biscuit mixture.

Leave to set and enjoy with a cup of tea or after a ride.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

JC | 13 years ago
0 likes

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-golden-syrup.htm

I have got nothing (and I mean nothing) to do at work today...  3

Blackhound | 13 years ago
0 likes

Tiffin is usually considered a snack over here. Wiki covers it well as I always think of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiffin

'Time for tiffin' was a regular phrase in the UK film 'Carry on up the Khyber'......

Golden Syrup in the UK is made by Tate & Lyle and is a sugar based syrup. Sure something similar is available in the USA under a different name, somebody else may be able to help here.

LaurCar | 13 years ago
0 likes

as a non-Brit - can someone tell me what tiffin means?

I live in the States, and my favorite Indian restaurant is named Tiffin! I was expecting to find a curry recipe in this thread! :  1

ps... i have been looking for Golden Syrup here, and no one carries it anywhere.

Fringe replied to LaurCar | 13 years ago
0 likes
LaurCar wrote:

ps... i have been looking for Golden Syrup here, and no one carries it anywhere.

i will happily send you some tins of golden syrup at vastly exaggerated price as i need more cash for a new bike

no, oh well worth a try!

LaurCar replied to Fringe | 13 years ago
0 likes
Fringe wrote:
LaurCar wrote:

i will happily send you some tins of golden syrup at vastly exaggerated price as i need more cash for a new bike

no, oh well worth a try!

haha, I know that feeling all too well.

Thanks all for the slang info. Work wait have to wait till after I am done reading the wiki articles!  4

jova54 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Tiffin was the best thing about Army Compo rations when you were on exercise.  4

Real tiffin must have biscuits and raisins.

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

nom nom

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

Mmmmmm… tiffin

Jon Burrage | 13 years ago
0 likes

heart attack in a slice, lovely.  4 thanks

Latest Comments