Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Your 2011 cycling goals

Come on then, what are you aiming for this year? Write it down here, then you're committed.

For my part, my 2011 aim is to cycle back to my mum's house near colchester on a day-nighter. it's about 330km i reckon. Also i'm going to commit to doing more evening tens and try to get back into it with a sub 25. my PB is 24:36.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

David cycling t... | 13 years ago
0 likes

* Opening my charity by mid febuary. Aimed at helping Under 18's into cycling, supporting disadvantaged children into sport, Promoting exercising and healthy eating, Providing support and funding to those under 18 so that they can achieve there sporting dreams. (for example to this, I'm using my "cycling the world" as proof as to what can me achieved for those under 18)

* Raise the £25,000 for the global race, then focus on trying to secure a support car and driver id there's time.

*Cycling with Durham's Chief of police, to all 42 Police headquarters in the UK in the summer, starting from Durham of course. asking each HQ to raise money and donate the charity and funding for the global race/trip)

* finishing college in June, and do nothing but planning and training for the global race in February.

*Start my First race season this year.

*lots of big rides, covering big miles

billsdon | 13 years ago
0 likes

Riding more than last year (6500 miles) and my tour of the welsh coastline, hereby christened the Tour de Cymru.

ironbloke | 13 years ago
0 likes

EDT Act One without walking (too much!)  1

stuke | 13 years ago
0 likes

After 5 seasons of timetrialling I've decided to focus on sportives this year. the main aim is to finish within the gold standard for the 200km Dragon Ride (about 6.5 hours i think!!). also increase my annual milage from 8500 to 10000, hopefully this should take care of its self with all the training for the hills rather than 25 mile tt's.

badbunny | 13 years ago
0 likes

Fancy starting another bike to work scheme and getting myself a cheap(ish) hard tail so that I can do some proper off road Duathlons through the winter next year. The rest of this years work will be on my running I'm afraid with a 30 mile Saturday jaunt on the road bike as a cross training session.

jamesfifield | 13 years ago
0 likes

Get in training for the 25m Varsity TT.
1 week in the Alps to watch Le Tour, then another in the Pyrenees over July.
Try and grab a few of the 100 clims in the UK as preparation perhaps.
Ah yes, and graduate university too...

DaveP | 13 years ago
0 likes

Going to have a go at my first road cycling event... may-be get it out of my system by doing the Cheshire Cat Sportive.

Blackhound | 13 years ago
0 likes

My main aim is the Tour Divide - a 2,750 mile race down the Rockies from Banff to the Mexican border. ~200,000 feet of climb! Training will have to improve dramatically from now.

I have also entered SSEC in Belgium and SSWC in Ireland.

On the road no firm plans other than a few long audaxes, probably attempt to qualify for PBP but not actually do it in prreparation for TD. I also hope to get my club tt time to what I was doing 3 or 4 years ago - that would be nice.

drain | 13 years ago
0 likes

Camino de Santiago (off road) in April; JOGLE (road) in June; something inspiring to fill in the autumn (Scottish trip probably); do lots of local trails and back roads.

Thinking ahead  4 2012 might be the year I put something back and do some marshalling - but I enjoy doing the events too much!

andybwhite | 13 years ago
0 likes

Win some schwag?

Seriously though, I'd like to cycle more than last year - but that shouldn't be too hard as normally I only ride in the warm months (I have an allergy to goosepimples and cold ears) ie May to Sept, and I've already been out on my bike once this year - yey  4

ilovemytinbred | 13 years ago
0 likes

I reckon do >7500 miles this year. Get a decent time (for me) on the Severn evening 10s. Do the hardriders series. Quickly formulate and complete some kind of training plan for open tts later in the year. Maybe even do a 12 hour tt if there is one at the end of the year

Fringe | 13 years ago
0 likes

hmmm, persuade the wife to stop using her car as much, buy a new bike/frame, perhaps do the whole 'season' of clevedon and dist. RC evening 10's (http://www.cdrc.cc/tt.html), get over to wales more for some better hills and get some time for longer rides (200/300km).

well thats the plan at least.

Kim | 13 years ago
0 likes

Get ordinary people to see a bicycle as a practical means of short range transport for nipping down the shops, going to the pub, going to work, going to see friends etc., and leaving the car at home...

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

To fit some mudguards and clean my bike… not necessarily in that order

Latest Comments