Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

My favourite bit of winter kit is....

as the weather turns colder its nice to have some kit based incentive to get out there so how about listing the bits of kit you love?
For me its my Rapha winter collar - truly breathable, warm and not even that expensive (for Rapha) and works great in all temperature ranges from slightly chilly when it doesnt boil you down to brass monkeys.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

39 comments

James Warrener replied to Stofish | 13 years ago
0 likes
Stofish wrote:

Buff!

+1

Although the turbo is doing well on that front this week !

KirinChris | 13 years ago
0 likes

Another one for a Rapha softshell.

Sometimes when I'm 'home' I have a momentary regret that I can't use it in Abu Dhabi, where the most winter kit anyone wears is arm-warmers, gloves and toe-covers and maybe a gilet until you warm up.

The moment passes fairly quickly...

I'm back for Christmas. Would love to have some lovely sunny winter days to get out and wear my lovely softshell.

mr-andrew | 13 years ago
0 likes

my icebreaker merino base layer. not just on the bike, but pretty much everywhere else too.

bobby84 | 13 years ago
0 likes

My protection in the rain!

2WheelsChalk | 13 years ago
0 likes

It only arrived last Weds and already my Shutt VR winter jersey in flandria red is the go-to item for this winter.

-6C when I left home yesterday and was perfectly snug with l/s baselayer underneath and gilet on top as a deflector layer.

A Buff, nuff said by @stofish @fixiegirl @the_mikey @jimmythecuckoo. Have 2 x from Shutt VR and 1 x freebie from C+.

Mudguards, don't care what anybody else says about how they look.

£3 pair of Thinsulate gloves from my local hardware store

chiefoldmist | 13 years ago
0 likes

Endura stealth jacket & craft pro zero baselayer

SteveAustin | 13 years ago
0 likes

My Gore Phantom Jacket. Keeps me toasty!

Ms Morthern Rebel | 13 years ago
0 likes

My wonderful winter combination that never lets me down is Merino base layer, Gore Phantom jacket, Altura Mistral Tights, Merino socks and as always the trusty Buff. A spare pair of snuggly socks for after the ride always goes down well too.

yellowyeller replied to el.dudino | 13 years ago
0 likes
el.dudino wrote:

SKS Blumels.

Sealskinz Merino Glove-liners.

Endura Road overshoes.

Winter would be awful without the above!  1

+1 re: the Endura overshoes, what a difference they make.

Pages

Latest Comments