Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Extra long tights for taller riders

Finding it more than difficult to find tights long enough for a chap with a 34 inch inside leg. Every body seems to market large and extra larger which of course relates levels of obesity to leg length. I'm not sure that this a correct correlation. So mail order purchases become a bit difficult as even the ones that flap in the breeze and make your mates laugh are not long enough. Having done some Google-isation I can see that the United States have got long tights covered. What are people with a traditional 60cm or large frame size wearing? Please help as tights that don't reach down to your overshoes are causing club mates to laugh to much.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

heliphil | 13 years ago
0 likes

I got a pair from Aldi last month ( 26-28inch waist) and were amazed that they were almost too long for my 6 foot 3 frame !!!!

stereojet | 13 years ago
0 likes

I found Castelli's tights to be the best fit for long, skinny blokes. I think I got an L (6'1", 35" waist). Either way, the fit's perfect

Martin Thomas | 13 years ago
0 likes

I'm exactly the same height/weight as John the Monkey (spooky) and I would echo his dhb comment to the letter (ie I've never used their tights, just 3/4 but they fit ok - although not as comfy as Gore).

I do have long tights as well - a positively ancient pair by Asender, which fit just fine. No idea where you might get some though. Mine are probably 15 years old.

Aha! just remembered that a riding buddy of mine who's at least two inches taller than me wears Endura tights and says they fit just fine. Although I suppose he's also quite a bit chunkier than me (15 stone+) so there might be some spare room at the top...

kubed | 13 years ago
0 likes

I'm a girl but I am a size 8 with 32" inside leg and have really struggled to get tights with a small waist and long inside leg. I the end I found that Gore ones came up really long in the leg - not sure if the men's ones will do the same but they were certainly the longest of the ladies ones I tried.

John_the_Monkey | 13 years ago
0 likes

dhb work for me.

In their Roubaix (Merston) tights, I take an XL (6'2", 12 ish stone, 34 inside leg). Caveat is that I only use 3/4 bibs, so don't know what the full length tights are like for length.

Latest Comments