Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Looking for SMALL panniers

I've searched the websites for small, low profile bike panniers - say around 8 litres capacity for a light(ish) road bike. Something pannier-shaped rather a than top-of-rack bag. I started to cut down some standard front panniers (too large still) but the restitching necessary has defeated me. Can anyone help?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Joe Hunt | 13 years ago
0 likes

Nice comment Tony. a lifetime in my case aint as long as for some (well maybe 25 years with a lot of luck, but it won't all be on a bike!). Cheers, Joe.

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

They might not be cheap Joe, but they probably will last you a lifetime - met Monsieur Berthoud at Eurobike this year, really interesting guy, very commited to quality and craftsmanship. Apart from the saddles and bags he makes some very fine mudguards too.

purplecup | 13 years ago
0 likes

ooooh. i'm gonna look them up  1

Joe Hunt | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for comments. I've since been pointed to Gilles Berthoud small panniers at 8.5-9.5 Litres each. They are in Black canvas with tan leather trim, look almost too pretty! In the retro style of Brookes saddles, Billingham camera bags, etc. Of course they are not cheap.

Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

These Declathlon ones still come in at 15 litres but I'm pretty sure they don't have their full range on the website, might be worth putting a call in to them?

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/15l-basic-x2-panniers-145729448/

vorsprung | 13 years ago
0 likes

I saw some quite small panniers in bike shops in holland
I guess they were intended for children
They were proper panniers with quick release fittings for a rack

Hmm, maybe not, looking at www.halfords.nl even the "kidshopper" panniers are 30 litres

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

even most front panniers are double that size, so i'm not sure you'll have much joy on that front. have you considered a transverse saddle pack instead?

Latest Comments