Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Kinesis T/TK sizing

Hi there everyone, first time poster here. Looking for a bit of advice. I am looking to replace my ageing and battered Raleigh M-Trax as an all year bike.

I am looking at the Kinesis T and TK, probably second hand, but I seem to fall between the 54cm and 57cm sizes based on the geometry of current bike which fits me pretty well. I am 5'10" with a slightly short torso. Any advice/thoughts from owners on the sizing would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Ian

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Fringe | 13 years ago
0 likes

i had a Kinesis T, 57cm size and i'm 5' 10" and a bit, i prefer a 56cm top tube but putting a 90cm stem on and short reach bars seemed okay. or getting the 54cm frame and stick a 110/120cm stem on could be the other way to do it. both will work but just affects the 'handling' of the bike, larger frame seems more stable and less whippy, and vice versa. if theres any way you can try both i would recommend you do.

try the bike fit calculator on the competitive cyclist site it may help..

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

oh, and just to add i sold the frame and bought a diff. frame with a 56cm top tube after a bit.. any help? thought not  4

kearos replied to Fringe | 13 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Fringe. I think I would probably be OK with either to be honest but I will have a look at the website and see what that throws out as well.

Kearos

Latest Comments