Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Charge Juicer Hi 2010 or Genesis Equilibrium 20 2011

Hello folks,

I'm having a hard time deciding which one of those two bikes, Charge Juicer Hi 2010 or Genesis Equilibrium 20 2011, is the "better" one.

I need a winter training bike (mudguards) so I Initially narrowed my choice to the Equilibrium. However, I noticed that the Juicer also dropped in price and now both bikes cost almost the same.

Well, not really: Juicer costs € 1,032 with shipping and I could buy it with credit card. This has the advantage that I could immidatelly order the bike.

The Equilibrium amounts to € 1,375 without shipping and I'd probably need to transfer money via on-line banking. This means that I'd have to wait till December untill I'd have the necessary money.

My sympathies are still in favour of the Equilibrium, it gives me a solid impression. The Juicer on the other hand has a touch of a "cheapo". Both bikes are equipped with Shimano 105, however.

I'm really not a hardcore biker, just to keep my fitness, but I nevertheless love beautiful and well working things.

Please help me to decide.

Cheers,

Goodtwist

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Goodtwist | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks mate

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

have fun with it, I'm sure you will  1

Goodtwist | 13 years ago
0 likes

Juicer Mid it is then.

€ 800.00 incl. shipping is an offer I couldn't reject. Now comes the happy time of expecting the bike  4

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

As a biased Genesis Equilibrium rider, I can recommend the Genesis Equilibrium.  4

Both got good reviews on here, the Genesis probably nicks it for me even with my impartial hat on but the charge is good value. you won't go far wrong with either tbh.

STATO | 13 years ago
0 likes

Cheapo is a bit harsh but i get what you mean, the pics of them dont exactly make it look as good as the Genesis. I think the straight fork and the graphics are totally at odds with the mudguards and horizontal toptube, deffinatley looks like it was designed by a graphic designer not a rider. Still, im sure its a very good bike, but if i got one id throw a curved carbon fork and some silver SKS guards on there straight away.

timlennon | 13 years ago
0 likes

MWAAHAHAHAHAHA. A bike for €1,032 is a cheapo!

Goodtwist replied to timlennon | 13 years ago
0 likes

lol, don't get me wrong here: I don't think € 1,000 is cheap.

It's only that the Juicer LOOKS a bit like a cheapo.

Hope that clarifies it  3

Latest Comments