Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What a muppet...!!

I dropped my Garmin Edge 705 yesterday evening just as I was putting it back on the bike, it only fell about 2 feet, but managed to hit the leg of my turbo trainer and put a series of cracks through the LCD display!

What was worse is; I often have dreams that are very much like everyday life, but that something bad happens like my car is stolen or I get sacked from work etc, but on waking it dawns on me that it was a dream and I get a sense of relief. Well this morning I woke, and was convinced I'd dreamt that I'd broken it, imagine what a great start to the day it was when I discovered it was in fact true...

I've mailed Garmin and wait to see how much money that little clumsy episode is going to cost me...

I just needed to share...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Mr Sock | 15 years ago
0 likes

Wonder what they mean?

Also I have the very similar, but more mundane waking up on Saturday and momentarily thinking it is Friday or waking on Sunday and thinking it's Monday… that's a good feeling when you suddenly realise. Mind you, I also often wake up on, say, a tuesday and think it's saturday – that isn't such a good feeling when the truth suddenly hits…

Shame about your Edge though.

Latest Comments