Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Where did you ride today?

As the title where did you ride today?

I met up with the usual suspects and a couple of new faces on the 9.30 Club run. Warmer than it looked though there was still a chill in the air. Few skirmishes on Three Steps and across Harrisend Fell fast descent down to Scorton. Great brew at Pinewood as always and then home via the lanes at a nice clip with just under 50 miles in the bag.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

zombie paul | 13 years ago
0 likes

Lunchtime training run from the centre of Bristol, out through Long Ashton, up Belmont Hill and along Beggar Bush Lane, over the Suspension Bridge, around Sea Walls and back into the centre. Good 15 mile or so run (my Cateye is knackered) and my what a gorgeous day.

OneManAndHisBike | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thetford Forest area, then down past Lakenheath.

52 miles or so in under 3 hours. So glad Spring is here, that sun was nice, albeit hazy and stll nippy.

phax71 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Just did around 20 miles this morning around Pattingham , Beckbury, Albrighton, Codsall Wood and back into Tettenhall....

It'll be a regular loop for a few weeks just get some fitness back.  1

demoff | 13 years ago
0 likes

Took advantage of the blue skies and that big yellow thing in the sky. Rode Jubilee Tower then on to Harrisend and Oakenclough 63 miles in all with 3,300feet of climbing.

Jon Burrage | 13 years ago
0 likes

was it bathwick hill? what time did you guys register?

dave atkinson replied to Jon Burrage | 13 years ago
0 likes
Jon Burrage wrote:

was it bathwick hill? what time did you guys register?

yup, bus stop to North Road junction. I went up in 7:13, the winning time was a rather depressing 4:42

giff77 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Nowhere  2 spent the day fixing the bottom bracket and winterproofing the bike!!

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

ugh. that's pretty bad luck FnC. you could have done the uni hillclimb if you were in the hood  1

Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes

My day off so went to Bath using backroads my first non turbo ride in 2 weeks. It was awesome but only 28 miles with hills galore - what a view when the sun came out.

Came home where neighbours dog on my driveway jumped up to say hello - and with cleats I lost my balance and put all weight on my knee till it popped.

MCL sprain for more weeks off the bike!
Frank Spencer special. Lucky I love that big mut!

Sitting here with ice. Post more ride pics please!

Ahhhggg! well at least the turbo trainer is where I left it.

You lot have no excuse - get out and ride!

demoff | 13 years ago
0 likes

Nicer than Friday but definitely colder out to Longridge easy side of Jeffrey Hill and a brew at the posh Deli on the high street. Then caught a four man fast train home.

othello | 13 years ago
0 likes

I only managed a quick hour and a bit dash due to family commitments. It was worth the effort getting out though as the weather was lovely. Tried to cram in every hill I knew in the 20 miles to work the legs.

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

here's another shot

0 likes

Popped along to the Bath Uni Cycling Club Hill Climb (road.cc is their shirt sponsor) missed the actual hill climb by about half an hour Dave didn't though (see pic), but did it on my own anyway… course my time suffered a bit without the extra incentive of actual competition … cough, cough. Although when it comes to competitive sport I like to think of myself as the Chevy Chase character in Caddyshack - without the innate natural talent. Dave's competitive instincts (note that facial expression) got him up the 2km climb in a not too shabby time at all.

After that it was back down the hill again to my LBS (John's Bikes) for a spare inner tube, as luck would have it they were just pushing the plunger down on a jug of coffee, thanks for the cup Sean! It would have been rude not to stay for a bit of a natter, then it was off for a quick loop. Like last Sunday it was a beautiful sunny day, but it definitely felt colder.

Looking at the pics just realised I rode further than everyone else… well, about 10m

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

I did the Bath Uni hillclimb and got owned by a bunch of super-fit students. I did beat the SU president though. And his dad.

othello replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

Where did these fit students come from? Not like that in our day!  4

dave atkinson replied to othello | 13 years ago
0 likes
othello wrote:

Where did these fit students come from? Not like that in our day!  4

i'm sure there's plenty of unfit students in Bath too  1

DaSy | 13 years ago
0 likes

A nice solo 85 miles in the Chilterns, with lots of climbing, an almost incessant headwind and a very cool meeting with a very big stag deer that jumped in the road in front of me and just stopped and stared at me for a while, I stopped and starred back until he just sprung over a 5 foot barbed wire fence from a stand still and disappeared.

0 likes

sadly my injured hand is still stopping me from riding so I ran 30km from my place, down the bath-bristol cycle path, down to ashton court, 2 laps off-road then back. - Im broken now.

badback | 13 years ago
0 likes

Went out with some fellow members of La Squadra ( http://www.lasquadra.co.uk ) up over the tops from Sheffield to Matlock. Bloomin cold first thing though but crisp blue skies made up for that.

trikeman | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi All,
had a good day today with the 'off road' crew. Thought I would go as cracking weather after some heavy rain down here in't South. Went over the Mendips and it was excellent. As a roadie at heart I can recommend this off roading as something to have a go at - it don't half hit you where it doesn't on the road and my climbing legs are still shaking after it.... Me thinks, if I can keep this up for a while, climbing road hills will be much better..... Give it a go.
Can't wait for the next time,,,,,, in the dark  13
Regards

Trikeman  1

demoff | 13 years ago
0 likes

The weather was grim today, we got soaked blown dry and soaked again. Rode out to Lancaster Uni then onto the legendary Jubilee across Marshaw into a block head wind for a brew in Scorton before a fast ride back to the Wyre.

0 likes

20 (Broken wrist I'm injured till November - excuse)

Today I shall be riding in Germany from some FLV files a cyclist from Dutchland has made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNu9bhJ7CD8

Better than no riding?!

Enjoy yourselves - wish I was outside riding!

0 likes

Does Turbo training with a ride video of areas of the USA count?

IGMC...

Fringe replied to Fish_n_Chips | 13 years ago
0 likes
Fish_n_Chips wrote:

Does Turbo training with a ride video of areas of the USA count?

no, not when you live in Bristol!  4

Ms Morthern Rebel | 13 years ago
0 likes

5 Didn't get out at the weekend either but rode part of my route to work today in Matlock 22 miles round trip through Chatsworth, quite nice for a commute.

VecchioJo | 13 years ago
0 likes

oooooh, i'm a Spithandle Lane fan too  1

raced CX at Herne Hill today, why have i never been before, what a lovely place, and brutally fun course

Martin Thomas | 13 years ago
0 likes

I looped from Brighton kind of north (always wise to head anywhere but south from here), then west, along what is arguably my favourite road (Spithandle Lane), up the long hill out of Amberley, down the long hill past Arundel into Ford, where the soft-lads prison is, and then into Littlehampton and back along the coast to Brighton. 101km of breezy fun from which I still haven't properly recovered. I'm definitely not as fit as I was a couple of months ago. Don't suppose the enormous beer and pizza afterwards will have helped but ho hum.

0 likes

zig zagged up from westerleigh toward wootton under edge and back (twice) along the cotswold 'escartment' on my genesis flyer to try and work some strength into my legs for the BADtri hill climb next weekend.

badback | 13 years ago
0 likes

Did the Claremont Sportive in Sheffield today.

http://www.hmthospitals.co.uk/news/press/377/claremont-sunday-cycle-ride...

90km in the Peak District. Nice route, good breakfast and lunch included in the entry fee. Dean Downing, Malc Elliot and Steve Peat as guest riders. A good day out and cracking weather.

0 likes

Went out for a couple of hours this afternoon, did a loop around the eastern side of Bath… some deer ran across the lane in front of me at Twinhoe… fantastic. Dropped in to the office, then around to my mum's to retune her TV  1 packed in as many hills as poss - trying to do nose breathing only. Cracking. Arm-warmers on for the last bit.

Pages

Latest Comments