Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Transparent rip off?

My assos bib shorts have gone thin and transparent at the back. Therefore you'll be glad to hear they're consigned to being under something else from now on. It's frustrating though as they're less than two years old, have been washed carefully only in 30 degrees with non bio persil. It's the second pair this has happened to and although I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt first time, this time I know it's the shorts not the treatment they've received. Anyone else had this problem with their Assos?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

demoff | 13 years ago
0 likes

Contact Assos direct, one of the guys in our Club was not happy with the wear of his Assos shorts and after contacting them got a new pair with minimal fuss. They have an expensive rep to protect, their customer service should be good.

TheHatter | 13 years ago
0 likes

Have you tried contacting the retailer or Assos? Hopefully they should recognise that the kit is not meeting standards expected and compensate you in some way.

richardelliott replied to TheHatter | 13 years ago
0 likes

I will indeed do and report back.

KirinChris | 13 years ago
0 likes

Not with bib shorts but I've not been that impressed with the few bits of Assos kit I've bought.

I have some Assos knicks that are just plain uncomfortable - I don't wear them enough to wear through them.

And last year I bought some under-glove liners where the stitching fell apart after two months.

I'm not a budget shopper - if the stuff is good I'll happily pay for it - but I won't be getting any more Assos kit in a hurry.

Latest Comments