Home

Working in Paris next week, and it looks like I'm going to be in the middle of a general strike on the RATP and SNCF. Does anyone have any experience of the Velib and if it goes out as far as the Expo Nord-Villipinte or CDG? Or even just out to the outer suburbs.

Could take the bike out for the day, which I think would cost an arm n' a leg but would be better if I could dock it somewhere out there.

3 comments

timlennon [210 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I don't believe vélib goes outside the peripherique, docking-station wise. You have no chance whatsoever of a bike at CDG. Where are you working and staying?

Used it a few years ago on a visit and found it fairly simple, with heavy but robust bikes.

step.doran [62 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm staying at place de Nation, and working at the Paris Nord Expo in Villepinte.

Had a good scour of the website and the nearest docking point is about 10km from Villepinte.

Looks like it may be a morning Duathlon if the strike goes ahead, could actually be quite fun :).

step.doran [62 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Would be something along the lines of this, 12 miles:

link to map

the only slight wrinkle is it takes me through the centre of where the suburb riots always happen, but hey.