Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Bloody Swans !

Was paddling along the river and got stuck behind 3 swans going slowly and taking up the river. At no point did they attempt to pull over to let me through and in the end, I was forced to overtake on a blind bend !

None of them was wearing hi-viz, although 2 claimed that white was ok.

They don't pay the waterways tax, have no insurance and I couldn't even report them, as despite saying they had a registration number, it was conveniently "under the water".

I am outraged!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

EdelmiraDimucci | 5 years ago
0 likes

It is unbelievable that a swan can do this. Actually, after watching swan cartoons, I had an opinion that swans are very cool and calm. 

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
3 likes

Now, I don't want to be starting some kind of conspiracy theory, but isn't it peculiar that everyone knows that the Queen owns all of the Mute Swans, yet no-one talks about how Prince Charles is patron of the RSST? (Red Squirrel Survival Trust)

brooksby replied to hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
0 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

Now, I don't want to be starting some kind of conspiracy theory, but isn't it peculiar that everyone knows that the Queen owns all of the Mute Swans, yet no-one talks about how Prince Charles is patron of the RSST? (Red Squirrel Survival Trust)

If Her Maj owns the Mute swans, does that mean that the Bewicks, Hoopers, etc are all fair game?

hawkinspeter replied to brooksby | 5 years ago
1 like

brooksby wrote:

hawkinspeter wrote:

If Her Maj owns the Mute swans, does that mean that the Bewicks, Hoopers, etc are all fair game?

Yep, go knock yourself out. I'd recommend finding a good restaurant that serves it, though expect to be presented with a large bill.

PRSboy replied to hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
2 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

brooksby wrote:

hawkinspeter wrote:

Yep, go knock yourself out. I'd recommend finding a good restaurant that serves it, though expect to be presented with a large bill.

Don't you mean beak?yes

hawkinspeter replied to PRSboy | 5 years ago
2 likes

PRSboy wrote:

hawkinspeter wrote:

brooksby wrote:

hawkinspeter wrote:

Don't you mean beak?yes

Nicholas Angel: Yes Mr. Staker, we'll do everything we can. Can you describe it?
Peter Ian Staker: It's about two-feet tall, long slender neck, kinda orange and black bill...
Nicholas Angel: Anything else?
Peter Ian Staker: Well... it's a swan.

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
3 likes

There's one person that can help

StraelGuy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Bloody swans no!

Latest Comments