Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Brook Professional Saddle

Once upon a time long, long ago I had a beautifully comfortable Brooks Professional saddle. It was the old style version that had no bag loops at the rear and a cropped nose.

One (not so) fine day the rail failed and the saddle was no more so I binned it. Now, years later I discovered that I could have had it re-railed in Ti (to match my frame). Woe is me, so now I do not throw anything away - ever, just in case.

I really miss that saddle. Needless to say that I have not found any modern saddle to match it for comfort; nor style for that matter.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Welsh boy | 5 years ago
0 likes

I didn’t throw anything away at one time unless it was really broken. I had an old vitus  979 frame which had worn on the head tube so that the headset cups wouldn’t stay in. So I could justify throwing it out I cut it up with a pipe cutter, great fun and I can now throw out old stuff without having to go to therapy. 

ericf | 5 years ago
2 likes

Nice King Crimson avatar, Spangly Shiny!

ktache | 5 years ago
5 likes

You threw an old bicycle part away?

Spangly Shiny replied to ktache | 5 years ago
3 likes

ktache wrote:

You threw an old bicycle part away?

Yeah, I know. However I have mended my ways since, now nothing gets thrown.

Carmic0 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I have a Professional which is very good but not as comfortable as the B17.   Also have a Swift Ti which isn't as comfy as the Pro and B17, although it is 200 grams lighter which makes up for the lack of comfort.   Love the Brooks England plate on the back of the Professional, shame the Italian owners took the England off.

Shades | 5 years ago
0 likes

I've got a B17 Imperial and a Swift; both of which have been repaired by Brooks at points in their life.  Details on their website.  I think if you register your saddle there's some sort of (free) extended warranty.

BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
0 likes

Brooks Swift for me, had a B17/B17N/Pro/Swallow, all were ok but the Swift hits the sweet spot for me, can cycle for miles in undercrackers and shorts or jeans without issues.

ConcordeCX | 5 years ago
0 likes

Berthoud saddles are better than Brooks, and they make a virtue of their parts exchangeability.

http://www.gillesberthoud.fr/boutique/categorie-SELL-1SL1

http://www.gillesberthoud.fr/boutique/categorie-SELL-1SL3

Spangly Shiny | 5 years ago
3 likes

Like this:

Latest Comments