Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

How do I know that I ordered a big road bike for me? (Canyon Endurace AL 6)

Hey guys,

I just received my new Canyon Endurace AL 6, and I ordered the size M. (Because S was out of stock for the next 2 months).

I have 1,75m, and Canyon recommends size M for 1,77~1,85, 82kg, my inside leg length is 85cm.

This is my first road bike of my life, so I am not sure if the drop and the "hood" position is correct. I saw some blogs talking about have a small bend at elbow during the drop, but my position is completely stretched. (Images at https://imgur.com/a/LEEkdre and https://imgur.com/a/eEWS2rP)

What should I do? Return it and wait 2 months for the small one? Or is it fine to ride like this?

Thanks for the help <3

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Vejnemojnen | 5 years ago
0 likes

looks fine. Maybe you'll need longer stem, as you seem to be a bit crumped.

Oh, and invest in some razors or wax. Just for the looks. It's even more comfier during these heat waves

StraelGuy | 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm 179 cm and my summer bike is a 56 cm and my winter bike is a 58.

BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm 1.79, I ride a 58 and 59  carbon and 62 traditional diamond frame, you look fine on the medium

don simon fbpe | 5 years ago
0 likes

Does it feel uncomfortable?

Do your knackers sit on the top tube when standing over?

Does the seatpost sit anywhere near its max height line?

If the answers are no, I suggest that the size is correct.

Mathemagician | 5 years ago
0 likes

Your fit looks OK at a glance, but the only way to find out is ride it I guess. I'm 1.74m and I have the medium Endurace...I find it comfortable. Like the previous poster, I'd probably also suggest a shorter stem if you find you're too stretched out...your back will let you know if you are.

joeegg | 5 years ago
1 like

I have the Endurace in carbon and am fractionally taller than you at 1.80m.

The website gave me a recommendation of a meduim and thats what i went with.

The only alteration to the standard spec was changing the stem from 100 to 110 as i felt slightly cramped . Apart from that it feels spot on.

Looking at your photos i wouldn't say you were  " completely stretched " but it may feel like it if your used to riding mountain bikes.

mike the bike | 5 years ago
1 like

I found the Canyon size guide to be absolutely spot on, despite initially thinking the bike would be too small.  But your photos look good to me; if you become convinced the frame is a little too long a change of stem would quickly remedy that.  Twenty millimetres makes a big difference, as the actress said to the bishop.

StraelGuy | 5 years ago
0 likes

We're all different in how we like our bikes to fit but that looks absolutely fine to me.

Latest Comments