Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Are These Scams

I have a bike for sale on here and i got the feeling these are scammers, as the wording dont seem right, thoughts?

ashley justin <o2511976 [at] outlook.com>

Hi,
I'd like to know more about this ad, I need to know the reason why you
want to sell it and send me some pictures if available and price?.
I hope you are the real owner? because i had a bad experience in the
past thank you. I am sorry if my temerity in challenging your honesty.
 I wait to read from you ...........Ashley.

and

paul benson <makintouch003 [at] gmail.com>

Hi,
I'd like to know more about this ad,am really interested in it... I
need to know the reason why you want to sell it and details with some
recent pics if available and price?.
I wait to read from you ........

considering info is already there to be seen.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

PRSboy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Defo scammer as the writing style is the same, bar a few word changes.

Mungecrundle | 5 years ago
6 likes

Hi kev-s,

My wife very much interestef in you good deals, it is just the model she is looking for. Please can you write me how much and send more pictures. Excuse my temerity in querey of your good character, I live away from UK at moment but can arrange for courier to collect. I am owed money from customer in UK and if your permit, I can ask for bankers cheque to be made out in your name. Will be slightly more so please to pay courier for transportation costs and keep remaining overpayment for my good wishes.

Best greetings

John Smith
X07hj [at] phishscm.com

kev-s | 5 years ago
1 like

Pretty much every reply ive had on here for something im sellng has been a scammer messaging me

This website is so bad for scammers that i no longer advertise on here which is a shame as Road.cc members miss out on some good deals

Zermattjohn | 5 years ago
1 like

Yes, if you reply you'll just get a load of rubbish asking for you account details, password, etc. Are you selling on road.cc? I think that's what you mean. I got bombarded with them, and annoyingly I couldn't delete the ad even when I sold the item. I just blocked their email address.

Latest Comments