Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Peugeot Performance

Am looking for a part for a Peugeot Performance c1998 which is a new acquisition for my husband.  It is the mounting sleeve for a campagnolo veloxe 8spd rear derailleur.  I don't have both parts of the broken one I have but have found a picture on here of the same part .. shown below

//i.imgur.com/5aTd0L3.jpg)

Where would be a good place to look for this.  Am totally new to road bikes.  Am also looking for the decals for this model but have had no luck googling so any pointers on that would be great as well.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

RR | 5 years ago
0 likes

Retrobike have copies of a lot of the older Campagnolo parts catalogues which you can use to double check the parts.

eBay is probably the best option. The older 9 speed rear derailleurs should also be compatible as they have the same ratio up till year 2000. You could either replace the whole derailleur or buy a cheap one to cannibalise for the part.

It's easy to identify the older 9 speed ones as they have the b-screw on the mounting sleeve, while the newer ones have it under the guide pulley on the hanger.

HowardR | 5 years ago
0 likes

"Stupid" questions are generally the most useful questions.

On the basis of what I've read in forums you should be o.k mixing 8spd Campag' components. It might be worth asking Hiarly Stone.

mikeymustard | 5 years ago
0 likes

Agree with previous poster about a complete derailleur.

Ebay is your friend here, any 8 speed Campag will work (if it's a short cage that's on there then either short or long cage will fit, the latter with a longer chain, but if its already sporting a long cage then best swap like for like), there's a few on there, or if you just want to cannibalise the broken bit off it, any campag of mid to late 90s (and maybe a little earlier/later) should be close enough.

Campag stuff,  not being as ubiquitous as Shimano commands a bit of a premium - this could turn out to be quite an expensive project for a bike that's not quite old enough to be considered a classic (yet)!

Check out this lot for advice, friendly and helpful

Lemonie | 5 years ago
0 likes

Am sorry to ask stupid questions but as long as it's an 8 spd derailleur can I put any campagnolo on or will it have to be the same Veloce I have on now?

HowardR | 5 years ago
2 likes

As to the rear mech - It'll probably be rather easier to track down a compleate item rather than the broken part (& possibly not much more expensive?)

As a starting place you could try:

http://www.hilarystone.com/gearscampagnolorear.html

HowardR | 5 years ago
0 likes
HowardR | 5 years ago
1 like
Kapelmuur | 5 years ago
0 likes

Try retrobike.co.uk

Latest Comments