Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Any IRC Formula Pro X-guard users?

Hello,

After a couple of punctures with  GP4000 tyres I went over to gatorskins that I had always used on a previous bike.  Anyway, life is good and I've never had a punture since.  I do however think they are making my Canyon Endurace feel a bit sluggish.  So I thinking of going tubeless.  I went tubeless on my Arkose and have only had one puncture not seal, which was a big cut, so I put a tube in to get home.

Anyway, as I hate stopping on a ride to fiddle wth fixing punctures I'm thinking the tyres for me may be the IRC x-guard ones.  Bit expensive just to try out though.  Has anyone here used them?  Did they make your bike feel sluggish?  Maybe I should go for the RBCC ones, but we have some very sharp little flints on the roads around here which caused the punctures in the GP4000 and in the tyres on the Arkose before I went tubeless on that.

Cheers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

DoctorFish | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks all for your responses.

rutland | 5 years ago
0 likes

I have been using the Formula Pro RBCC 28mm tubeless on my winter bike since last October.  I switched to them from Schwalbe Pro One and I've been very impressed.  I run them at approx 70 - 75psi, they are not sluggish and the wet grip is excellent. No punctures to date (unless they sealed almost immediately).  FWIW, they come up true to size on my rims (20mm internal width) . 

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
0 likes

I've got a pair of IRC Formula Pro X-guard tubeless in 28mm and am running them tubeless. I've been using them over the winter and haven't had any issues with them. I don't think they feel sluggish, but then their weight is only a small fraction of my weight, so I'd be better off losing weight myself before trying to trim a few grammes from my tyres.

iso2000 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Try  the road buying advice forum at Bike Radar. There is a long running tubeless thread there with a lot of tips and it is frequented by the importer of the tyres, The Cycle Clinic.

Latest Comments