Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shorts....and inserts.

Hi,

I've a few pairs of shorts that I'm happy with apart from the padding. Is it viable to by a pair of the underwear type I've seen with padding, or am I looking at getting some new shorts. Be a pity as I'm am happy with the ones I have.

Thanks....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

AfterPeak | 5 years ago
0 likes

If you are new to cycling it takes a while but your arse gets use to it. Alternatively you could get a carbon seat post, a more cushioned seat or wider tyres/low pressure/tubeless.

I wouldn't bother buying some halfway cycle gear. If you wear commuter shorts, regular cycling shorts or bibs just aim for the mid price point and they will last you years

Simon E | 5 years ago
0 likes

If you're not happy with the padding then doesn't that mean you're not entirely happy with them?

I sometimes use padded undershorts under non-padded tights, shorts or jeans but they aren't as comfy as padded lycra shorts and are too warm at this time of year.

Wash your shorts well and put them on fleabay.

Kristina29 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hey!I haven't heard that it's possible to buy separately padding, but if you consider buying new shorts, I'd deffinitely recommend Xcellent cycling underwear shorts. I'm very much satisfied with a pair of mine, they are super comfy and their pads absorb any additional moisture.. I found them here http://bestadviser.net/reviews/mountain-bikes-reviews/top-mountain-bikes...

Latest Comments