Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

bike size need advice - Argon 18 Krypton

Hi 

I am 5'4" (163cm) with a 28.5 inch (73) cm in-seam with long femur in relationship to the lower limb . I am planning to get a Argon 18 Krypton but are unsure where to get a XXS or XS. Would like to get some advise from the seasoned riders here.

Basically, here are the geometry of the 2 sizes

XXS

• TT = 50cm
  • ST = 43cm
  • HT = 9-11.4cm

XS

• TT = 52cm
  • ST = 46.5cm
  • HT = 10-12.4cm

I did have the opportunity to sit on the XXS and the standover height seems spot on. However, when I am on the drop. The hub is way in front of the bar, when I am on the hood it is less servere but still noticable, staff from the LBS swapped out the 80mm stem and put in a 100mm stem. It cure the problem to an extended. However, I hub is still slightly infront of the bar but not by a whole lot.

This is what it looks like when I am on the XXS with 80mm stem, before fitting.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMZ9vG6JfHPbn-tGdrl6itDIpl5t2dlwVWHtqTG-ziwnoPux5j8g0CIg79g7w64Xg/photo/AF1QipMG19Ugwi1QDQMg1jJIHYpeA9WXeJXvOSaPIkKm?key=VVRiN3lldzIwclRsYVdtaUUySTloU1ExWU4yc1pn

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMZ9vG6JfHPbn-tGdrl6itDIpl5t2dlwVWHtqTG-ziwnoPux5j8g0CIg79g7w64Xg/photo/AF1QipObAHdBJwJWMMOBg5-RIsI_NNnLraZtBqPtsfDD?key=VVRiN3lldzIwclRsYVdtaUUySTloU1ExWU4yc1pn

Just want to hear your opinion in know whether this is right size or whether I should go up to XS.

Thanks

Cheers

kingquin

PS - first time poster. Let me know if you can't see the link

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

AfterPeak | 5 years ago
0 likes

I am no bike fitter but I would not get too hung up on hub in front/behind bar. You bend your elbows a tad and it will be in front. You striaghten them and it will be behind/inline. Wheelbase differs between bikes. Removing some spacers under the stem alters hub sight line as does moving the saddle back a little

If you get the chance try the size again with the 100mm stem and full gear on and take it out and see how it handles and feels. 

Latest Comments