Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Team Sky

Much has been made in cycling press about the 'poor' TdF that Sky had.

Then they had pull out of the Vuelta (understandably and rightly imho).

They declared an intention to win the Tour of Britain only to be 'out teamed' by HTC.

So, what went wrong?

In fact, did it go wrong? or were they just too open about their plans/aims/ambitions? Therefore setting themsleves up for a hammering if they 'underacheived' in any shape or form?

Discuss.....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

James Warrener | 13 years ago
0 likes

see blog for my take  1

Super Domestique replied to James Warrener | 13 years ago
0 likes
jimmythecuckoo wrote:

see blog for my take  1

I've joined in too there. Guess that was more fun than proper analysis judging by the responses you have so far so well done mate  16

Super Domestique | 13 years ago
0 likes

Fair comment. No one else have any feelings about it??

cat1commuter | 13 years ago
0 likes

I think Sky based this years race tactics on last year's parcours. They decided that the ToB is a sprinter's race, so based their tactics around Greg Henderson, but the climbs on stage 3 to Swansea were decisive. Wiggo was able to stay with the leaders on Black Mountain, but dropped back to help Henderson. If they had kept Wiggo in the front group to the line in stage 2 (instead of using him to keep the pace high and prevent any attacks), then he might have been in with a shout of the overall. But this is easy to say in hindsight, and I'm not sure if Wiggo was motivated to go for the overall win anyway.

Latest Comments