Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Spitting and Snot Rocket

I constantly have to employ the Snot Rocket and cough up while riding. Any ideas what might cure this? Also, could this be connected to the TUES regarding Asthma and hay fever that some pro riders have been granted as I do not see many of them deploying the snot rocket or hawking up during races. Maybe there is an over the counter medication that would help?

Smudger

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

VeloUSA | 5 years ago
1 like

Neilmed sinus saline rinse does the job for me. No morning sputum or booger blasters ever.

SingleSpeed | 5 years ago
1 like

This is entirely anecdotal but since significantly reducing the amount of dairy in my diet the whole excersise induced nose runs have all but vanished.

ktache | 5 years ago
0 likes

The morning ride, especially in the cold of winter, seems to bring up my nightly gunk, the evening ride home removes the build up due to my allergic rhinitus from the air con.  The warmer weather means less, but it never really stops, one reason I could never wear a non effective pollution mask.

TheFatAndTheFurious | 5 years ago
0 likes

With all the caveats that asking for medical opinion via the Internet carries....

Post-nasal drip arising from allergens may be a cause. It can be treated with a steroidal nasal inhaler, or better (in my case) moving out of the city and breathing in less toxic exhaust.

https://www.medicinenet.com/chronic_rhinitis/article.htm#chronic_rhiniti...

Latest Comments