NOW SOLD! Trek 2nd District SingleSpeed

by highwaymunky   September 17, 2010  

For Sale is my Trek 2nd District Single Speed Commuter bike.

For a measly £350 ono.

I've had this bike since early this year Feb/March time, I've used it most days on my 10mile commute until June when I got a new racer and it's been cleaned and used only a couple of times since forshop runs as well as just rides for fun, It is a very comfortable bike to ride being single speed it's responsive and quick and very quiet.

It is a 54cm frame and I am 5'10" and it fits me perfectly,

It came with a 17T free-wheel I've put on a 16T as I found the 17T a bit easy for my taste but if you are carrying a lot of weight, doing a lot of hills or just want a nice steady ride then the 17T is the way to go. However if you want some extra speed go with the 16T.

It has fittings to take a pannier rack which I used on it for part of the year (carrying laptop to work and back) It is very stable and easy to ride even when loaded.

Both sides of the flip flop rear hub can be fitted with free-wheels or fixed gear. You just need to turn the tyre round depending on how you want to roll.

I've enjoyed owning this bike, it is still under warranty from when I purchased it from JeJamesCycles (I will get the receipt and manual together for the sale.

It has been regularly maintained and cleaned, there are a few small marks but overall it is a cracking looking bike, I've always got loads of comments as it looks so retro and cool.

It is in great / excellent condition. Viewings and test rides welcome.

Collection is preferred but I will ship the bike if requested. Shipping costs to the UK only are £15

Please ask any questions. email highwaymunky@gmail.com

Ebay listing details here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140454960605#ht_642wt_1137