Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Seat adjustment

Hi again,

Another thing I have noted since settling onto my new bike is that on a longer ride I tend to want to push my ass further back onto the rear part of the seat. Does this mean I need to either change the type of seat of change its positition? Its almost like I slide forward like you might in a chair before realising you need to 'sit up'.

Cheers!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Psycheonabike | 5 years ago
0 likes

Just booked a first service and added a bike fit at the same time. 

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
0 likes

Forgot to say - make a  note of your current position measurements (if the fitter didn't provide them) so that you can return to your current setup easily. Measure saddle height, distance to handlebars and saddle tilt, but make a note of how you are measuring them e.g. from nose of saddle to lever hoods. For measuring saddle tilt, there's some phone apps that'll work nicely and give you a degree measurement (again, note how you place your phone so that you can replicate it).

Psycheonabike | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, will check it out and report back!

StraelGuy | 5 years ago
1 like

I set all mine tilted slightly nose up. It feels more like I'm sitting 'in' the saddle rather than fighting against sliding forward all the time.

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
0 likes

Is your saddle tilted downwards to the front? I tend to have my saddle at an angle and it takes a bit of trial and error to get it comfortably tilted yet not cause a gradual slide forwards. Numb hands are also a sign that you're pushing yourself backwards.

Psycheonabike replied to hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
0 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

Is your saddle tilted downwards to the front? I tend to have my saddle at an angle and it takes a bit of trial and error to get it comfortably tilted yet not cause a gradual slide forwards. Numb hands are also a sign that you're pushing yourself backwards.

Not tilted so far as I can see. Not moved it after initial fit. Its not as h8gh as some I've seen. 

hawkinspeter replied to Psycheonabike | 5 years ago
1 like

Psycheonabike wrote:

Not tilted so far as I can see. Not moved it after initial fit. Its not as h8gh as some I've seen. 

In that case, you could try tilting the nose up a little bit (like StraelGuy does) and see if that works better. Alternatively, moving your saddle backwards may help if you are rotating your pelvis due to being too far over the bottom bracket.

Welsh boy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Try moving your saddle back a few millimetres and see how that goes 

Psycheonabike replied to Welsh boy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Welsh boy wrote:

Try moving your saddle back a few millimetres and see how that goes 

Back or forwards? Wouldn't back make me even more forwards?

Latest Comments