Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sunrise riding

Awesome!

Got out riding about 5.40, sun starts to come up, birds singing, mist on fields. Pity every day isn't like today. This sort of stuff can set your mood for the entire day and reminds me I need to ride more and look at nature more instead of my bike computer.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

madcarew | 5 years ago
0 likes

My favourite 2 moments ever in nearly 40 yrs of cycling across the world are both sunrise cycling moments; one coming over a rise with a landscape of trees poking out of the mist and 80 miles in the distance the huge mountain which was our destination capped in orange and golds from the sunrise; the other in a sportive, off the front in a group of 3, clicking along a perfectly still lakeside at 40 kph, almost effortlessly, as the sun started to bathe the mountains around us. #memoriesforlife.

mike the bike | 5 years ago
0 likes

Me too.  I'm often pedalling before 6am and it's without doubt the best way to start the day.  I enjoy  a certain sense of superiority when I catch sight of  miserable, semi-conscious commuters behind their misty windscreens.

But at the same time, I don't want them all buying bikes and clogging the cycle paths; cycling is for the special people.

graybags | 5 years ago
0 likes

Best part of the day, roads are so much quieter. I frequently head out at about 5.15 for a couple of hours before work and generally do this right through winter, ice permitting, so now I can get back and it's actually light is great

Daveyraveygravey | 5 years ago
0 likes

It's a fantastic time of day.  I love getting to work and passing all the smokers having their last gasper before they start knowing I have done something (I think is) special...

huntswheelers | 5 years ago
5 likes

Can't beat early rides.... however long or short....  beating the idiot impatient motorists...as well as experiencing the changes of light, smell and temperature of the day.... love the change of clocks until the Equinox in June...fab time of year, the Oilseed Rape is quite potent at the moment

zero_trooper replied to huntswheelers | 5 years ago
3 likes

huntswheelers wrote:

Can't beat early rides.... however long or short....  beating the idiot impatient motorists...as well as experiencing the changes of light, smell and temperature of the day.... love the change of clocks until the Equinox in June...fab time of year, the Oilseed Rape is quite potent at the moment

Well put; also the wonderful array of sounds, ironically when it is so quiet.

Sure beats the gym  1

Nat Jas Moe | 5 years ago
3 likes

Had the same feeling on Thursday morning commute. Brilliant sky and nice sun rise. Put me in a good mood all day. Reminded me why I cycle in everyday.

Latest Comments