Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Romandie

Is it eight transfers for six stages?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

He was OTL on the mountain TT, with Gaviria and 2 teammates.  He's had a good season so far.  I guess QS were taking it easy here.  When they did chase for a sprint on stage 2, it was Morkov who contested it.

Depends how much he costs for the Giro, but the sprints look like a straight versus between him and Bennett.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Very odd race this one in so many ways...

What happened with Viviani ?...Hard to believe QSF allowed him to get a DNF on one of the two stages he was supposed to do well in and only the second stage in...worse is that he took two other QSF riders with him...

Makes me nervous about putting him in my Giro Purist team...

Did we get any words about it ?

0 likes

But it does matter. Riders still get points for KOMs and sprints even if they adanbon later.  I don't know, see what other people think or send some feedback to Dave.

Gkam84 | 5 years ago
0 likes

It doesn't matter who they have or haven't help. They were never scored before and from when the game came into being. So why introduce it now?

0 likes

They've still helped the stage winner though, haven't they?

Gkam84 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Since when? That was never how we used to score it.

EDIT, just seen that updated in the rules. Shit addition to the rules. If they don't finish a stage/race they shouldn't get the points.

0 likes

If they start the stage they get the points.

Gkam84 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Two Astana riders got 5 bonus points today, even though the DNF(Omar Fraile and Dario Cataldo).....Needs to be adjusted (Even if it costs me 5 points)

0 likes

Good point Tony, they hadn't updated this when I scored it yesterday.

And yes, Quickstep  lost 4 riders yesterday.

archieboy | 5 years ago
0 likes

I see the time out was eventually enforced. Quickstep decimated by it loosing their two big sptinters.

tony kappler | 5 years ago
0 likes

Small point only, but note that as a result of the stage 3 finish, which was a cat 1 climb, Bernal is in 5th place on the KOM classification, so it should be Bernal 54 pts, Metz 0 pts.

1 like

Seems I jumped the gun a bit there.  I was watching all the results come in on the main website and these must have taken a while to update. Fixed now, cheers.

kmnaegeli | 5 years ago
1 like

Stage 2 scoring: As much as I would like some points to validate my horrible waste of a transfer on Elia Viviani, I don't think he came in last on Stage 2 - PCS has a three-man group of Lars Boom, Robert Wagner, and Floris De Tier arriving about 3 minutes after the Viviani group.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Looking forward to this one.

I suspect  a template will be strong from day one with two time trials to think about at either side of the mountains, Gonna be a "spot the differential tour" for sure.

0 likes

Oh yeah you're right, nice catch.

Latest Comments