Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

To complain or not to complain?

I just received a lovely pair of Castelli bib shorts that i bought online and they look amazing, I was really looking forward to trying them on until i noticed the pad is covered in someone else's (I presume) ass hair. Is it something I should complain about or just accept that these have been tried in store and that's just the way life goes?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

Kendalred | 5 years ago
0 likes

Wash 'em, wear 'em, and put it down to experience.

Then leave a review on the website with the details - you'd be surprised how sometimes this jolts them into action!

Then never use them again.

Crampy | 5 years ago
0 likes

I would most definitely get those returned, ASAP.

Canyon48 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Get them sent back!

madcarew | 5 years ago
0 likes

On hygiene grounds, the store is supposed  to ensure that anyone who tries them on keeps underpants on (same as socks when trying shoes). I wouldn't accept them.

Butty replied to madcarew | 5 years ago
0 likes

madcarew wrote:

On hygiene grounds, the store is supposed  to ensure that anyone who tries them on keeps underpants on (same as socks when trying shoes). I wouldn't accept them.

Sounds like there was an original online buyer who returned the dirty shorts.

The retailer has then put the shorts back into stock without checking that they are clean.

srchar | 5 years ago
1 like

I'm not exactly squeamish but that is just rank.  I wouldn't expect it on a five pound pair of Decathlon disposables, never mind a hundred quid's worth of Castelli. Name and shame the retailer please.

BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
0 likes

That's massively disappointing when you've spent a wedge of money. You should ask for a partial refund as the goods are clearly second hand and the price should reflect that.

Everyone is different but I'd rather have sent them back with a letter to tell them how unimpressed I was!

stucky | 5 years ago
0 likes

"I would say you should let them know- its pretty gross and they shouldnt have sent them in that condition." - I did just that, they offered a return but no credit/refund. I've told them I don't really want the return as I need them now (although I have to wash them first). If they offer a partial refund I'm happy, if not I'll just go elsewhere from now. Thank you all for your inputs

PeterPeterPeter | 5 years ago
1 like

You would certainly get a return no problem- though it doesn't sound like you want the bother,  but you would likely also be offered £10-£20 credit/refund to keep them. I would say you should let them know- its pretty gross and they shouldnt have sent them in that condition.

I work in CS for an online bike seller btw  1

schlepcycling | 5 years ago
1 like

Under the Distance Selling Regulations you have 14 days from delivery to cancel your order without needing to give a reason, so you are legally covered if you just want to send them back.

don simon fbpe | 5 years ago
1 like

Send them back, that's not acceptable. I understand that people may try things on, but I don't want to see any evidence of it.

There's nothing to cover you legally here (I don't think), but they are clearly second hand now and therefore shouldn't have been sold as new. The shop should do something out of good will.

Latest Comments