Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Caad12 disc, how wide can you go?!

I’m currently in the middle of a slow build of a Cannondale Caad12 disc. I’ve heard tales of people fitting 30mm tyres on it. Can anyone confirm or beat that?! And on what width rims?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

jn46 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I run 28mm schwalbe one on cero ard23 rims which are 19mm internal. There's room for a 30mm. Read an article of someone who was running the schwalbe g ones in 30mm without problems.
If you're building from scratch I'd recommend a c bear conversion BB to run a 24mm axle chainset. The hollowgram looks lovely but gave me nothing but creaks, despite various retaining compounds, correct torque etc. Completely cured by switching to the conversion BB and Shimano chainset.

fullers1979 replied to jn46 | 5 years ago
0 likes

jn46 wrote:

If you're building from scratch I'd recommend a c bear conversion BB to run a 24mm axle.

Funnily enough I have already done exactly that!! The Opi Spider rings look amazing but didn’t want to take the risk. I’m going for a 9000 series Di2 build and have had Fatcreations respray the frame already. Good to hear about the tyres though. I’m thinking of a hand built pair of wheels from DCR so not sure of the width of the rim just yet as this’ll be the final item on the shopping list! But 30mm wise would be the goal. 

Latest Comments