Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Schindelhauer CNC Crankset

Hi!

Someone has experience of use Shindelhauer CNC Chanks (here)? 

Thanks for advance.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

akaspin | 5 years ago
0 likes

Communicated with real owner: "Yes, I had some bad experience with the crankset. It is lite, very stiff, and looks so nice and sleek, but I had the problem that the 30mm axle makes some weird noises when I was sprinting or hard braking, therefore I tested some other cranks, and lastly I decided to mount a Rotor crank on it."

Ordered Rotor 3D+.

akaspin | 5 years ago
0 likes

110 BCD is my curse for this time  2

StraelGuy | 5 years ago
0 likes

I think the ebay link BTBS linked is wrongly described. That looks like a 5700 crankset (like I have on my winter bike) and it's 110 BCD.

akaspin | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for advice. But.

Specialized S-Works: only BB30 (I have BSA 68)

I can't found any cranksets on Oval Concepts site.

On FSA site I also can't find any crankset with 130 BCD spider.

Rotor is tricky. For 130 BSD Rotor offers only ugly MAS aero spider. Also rotor offers 130/74 BCD Road Crank Triple (https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=66349;menu=1000,4,29;mid%...). But in comparison to MAS this model has wider chainline and Q-factor: 43.5/45,5 mm and 148/158,5 mm respectively. Longer axle?

Lack of specifications and manuals is pure pain.

I also found Lightning Crankset (according to forums S-Works is actually lightning with "lifted" design). But I riding in Berlin. Carbon cranks is little overkill  1

BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
0 likes

Also FSA, ROTOR, Oval Concepts Carbon , Specialized S Works etc, there are still plenty of 130mm BCD cranks out there either new or lightly used.

Hre you go, set of lightly used 105 cranks in black that probably won't go for much. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-105-5700-Hollowtech-II-Chainset-170mm...

alan sherman | 5 years ago
0 likes

Poor match of the crank arm to ring spider in my opinion.

There is a sudden lack of 130mm BCD crank options due to the move to proprietry cranks with fewer arms.  Sugino RD Messenger Chainset, or NOS shimano double chainsets, seem the options.

akaspin | 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm looking for cranks exactly for Gates to replace ugly stock cranks. So. I don't have much choice because Gates offers front sprockets only for 130 BSD. 

StraelGuy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Nope, but some observations: It's very pretty, it's only for Gates belt drive system and it's eye-wateringly expensive.

Latest Comments