Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Kinesis gf ti v2 tyre clearance

Hi
Could i fit 28mm conti gp4000s on mavic ksyruim rims???

Anyone tried.

I don't want to waste my money and order some just to experiment.

Ta

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
0 likes

I run a 28mm on a 13mm rim (Mavic Open4Ceramic), in fact I've run a 32mm it and was fully loaded. It might look odd/bulbous but the reality is I haven't experienced any squirm when going into tight corners at speed.

I still use my 2001 Mavic SSCs, they'll cope with 32s no sweat, it's always the frame that is the limiting factor.

Have fun.

Roadie_john replied to BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
0 likes

BehindTheBikesheds wrote:

I run a 28mm on a 13mm rim (Mavic Open4Ceramic), in fact I've run a 32mm it and was fully loaded. It might look odd/bulbous but the reality is I haven't experienced any squirm when going into tight corners at speed.

I still use my 2001 Mavic SSCs, they'll cope with 32s no sweat, it's always the frame that is the limiting factor.

Have fun.

This.

I have run everything from 19mm to 28mm on 13mm internal mavic rims no bother - routinely road racing 25s on quite tight crit cuircuits for a while. Friends who race cross routinely use 28-35mm cross tyres on MA2s and Open pros at 13mm internal diameter. 

It might be a bit less aero (arguable), and looks a bit odd, but never felt dodgy in corners. 

The frame (or brake caliper arms) is the issue.

0 likes

Have fun.

This.

I have run everything from 19mm to 28mm on 13mm internal mavic rims no bother - routinely road racing 25s on quite tight crit cuircuits for a while. Friends who race cross routinely use 28-35mm cross tyres on MA2s and Open pros at 13mm internal diameter. 

It might be a bit less aero (arguable), and looks a bit odd, but never felt dodgy in corners. 

0 likes

Have fun.

This.

Chay | 5 years ago
0 likes

Yes, I agree. 28 are comfortable fit. 30mm depending on brand would be fine.

I have some pacenti rims that I may try with the 28mm tyres, these always add lots of width to a tyre.

700c | 5 years ago
0 likes

4 days late to this but i run this exact model in winter (v2) and can easily get 28mm vittoria corsas on Zondas. I reckon you can even fit a nominal 30mm front and rear without mudguards.( I also run trp long drops - lovely brakes).

I find the width they blow up to is a moot point; obviously you want a wide rim for 28+ but the greater the stated size the more material, volume and height you get. Height being the limiting factor on this bike for fit.

Chay | 5 years ago
0 likes

So. 28mm will fit on the rear. But I only had one larger inner tube so couldn't try the front.

My combo doesn't add much width but added some height.(the 25mm did measure up quite large).

Cheers for the help

Stratman | 5 years ago
0 likes

Don’t know quite what the difference in clearance is, but I’ve 28mm GP4S on my gfti Disc with full guards

Chay | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hi.

I've order some and will post when I fit them. Fork looks fine it is the rear stay which look tight.

For info trp calipers

HLaB | 5 years ago
0 likes

Im not sure what version my gf ti is (its circa 2012) but Kinesis say its Tracer forks are good for 28mm; I'm going to try at the weekend.

Chay | 5 years ago
0 likes

Yes rim and long drop but an older version.

I'll measure, I just know conti and come up large

kil0ran | 5 years ago
0 likes

Is that the one with rim brakes and long drops? Kinesis say 30mm will fit

CXR94Di2 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Get a rule, measure across chain/ seat stays and fork.  If 30+mm or more good to go

I have Kinesis Tripster V2, I can fit 50mm tyres  4

Latest Comments