Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Team - 'Greyed' out riders

I was hoping to sub in some riders to my 'Classics' Fantasy team, but they're 'greyed' out.

Given they're confirmed to be riding in the next Classic (E3), they fall within my budget and don't contravene the more than 2 riders per team rule; why are they still greyed out; and if I did use them, would they still score points?

Cheers,

Jonathon

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Jonathon Nunan | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Andy,

Much appreciated.

Love your work.

Cheers,

jonathon [at] betterbikebusiness.com

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hi Jonathon,

I've just started updating the start list.  The reason I like to leave it later with one day races is because everyone gets an email about roster changes if one of their riders is subbed out.  Then teams like to change their minds again and I want to avoid people using a transfer for a rider who won't race.  So I wait until enough teams are confirmed before ringing the changes.

Gent-Wevelgem's start list is pretty complete so that will be updated pretty soon after E3.

Hope that helps! In any case, be sure to always check PCS for confirmed rosters.

Cheers

Andy

Jonathon Nunan | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Chris.

Appreciate your feedback and insights on this.

As it happens, I've just received similar advice from the game managers themselves; so you're officially spot on.

Cheers,

Jonathon

chrisdstripes | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hi Jonathon,

Even if they're greyed out when you add them - if they ride they'll definitely become un-greyed and score points. So if you definitely want them and you know they're definitely starting, there's actually no need to wait. (Although I tend to leave it in case of last-minute roster changes...)

Jonathon Nunan | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Marty,

I'll leave it until Friday to make my transfers and see if it resolves by then.

Cheers,

Jonathon

MartyMcCann | 6 years ago
0 likes

Probably because the folks behind the scenes haven't fully updated the start list yet- I think they tend to leave it as late as possible in case of any changes. E3 Harrelbeke isn't on until Friday so that is plenty of time for riders to be switched out or to take ill.  In my experience playing the game, greyed out riders in the past still scored points when the update is done.

Some riders may also look greyed out because Road.CC don't seem to have a jersey avatar for their team- for example if Warren Barguil is selected in the Volta Catluyna  the Fortuneo-Samsic jersey doesn't appear-it is a plain grey one instead.

Latest Comments