For those of you who asked to be kept posted about the trial I was involved in (http://road.cc/content/forum/234402-courtany-tips) here's what happened:
1. Verdict was guilty of 'assualt by beating'. Defendant claimed that I cycled into him on purpose, but the magistrates accepted that he'd run into the road and pulled me off my bike deliberately.
2. Turned out to be a 3rd offence for the defendant.
3. Process of dealing with the assigned TVP officer and the witness care unit was so painful I would almost certainly never avoidably go through it again. A very f*cking frustrating 11 months. Utter lack of efficiency, care, communication, professionalism and general competence. Apologies if any of you out there are professionally involved with TVP - I appreciate that I am a sample size of 1, that this case was low-priority, and that I may have been unlucky, but even so I was astonished by how much went wrong.
4. Not hopeful of getting any compensation as I suspect the guy will plead hardship, but we'll see.
5. CPS barrister absolutely superb, and went after the defendent with proper vigour and intent.
6. Really hoping that's the end of it and our paths don't cross again.
Maybe I stopped the next rider from getting attacked, maybe I didn't, maybe I've stored a load of future trouble for myself, who knows.
Glad it's over, but don't commit to this course of action unless you are willing to undergo the 21st century equivalent of the Labours of Hercules to see it through.......
Over and out.