Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Thank YOU All For Consuming!

At the moment I would say I have a great Life and I'm living in pure luxury,
I don't make much,circa 15k a year, but than again I don't work much either and I like what I do, which is really a blessing as I'm able to travel for at least 3-4months every year on top of it and live in different countries and see their culture.

This day and age- it's a true miracle ,everything is so cheap for the amount of time you have to work for it, technology is Readily available to anyone, excellent infrastructure ,you barely have to work to lead a very comfortable life + On top of it all You can get great quality stuff for almost nothing due to people constantly ''upgrading'' their lives and thus making more and more advanced products.

Even without working that much so I have tons of free time to Do what I enjoy:

-I have tons of savings
-I have a great reliable car , well for some a 13year old car isn't great however someone paid 30k for it when new and I get to have it for almost nothing+ It hasn't cost me a penny in any problems/repairs for past 4years.
-I have a very nice bicycle I cycle to work with and other places to have some fun,someone paid 1.2k for that thing, I got to own it for less than 100, a great success!

-In our house, we only have top of the range appliances and furniture , as I frankly despise the poorly cheaply made stuff, however all was picked up in as new condition for pennies.
-I have a laptop/ phone which would have cost someone 2k together ,  I get to have all that great tech  and I had to give up less than 1day of work for that ,That's pretty cool!
-All The food/Clothes are so cheap as well because there is so much of it so they constantly have the sales,give it away for almost nothing.

100years ago you had to be a millionaire to get this much bang for your $.

Next time when someone is  maxing out their  creditcard to purchase a new 3k sofa,a new 1k phone, or giving away 300 a month to lease a car - Don't mock them!
Thanks to them and their spending the tech/innovations trickles down everywhere and you are actually benefiting from it as well even if you don't realise it!

Have a great Day Everyone!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Crampy | 6 years ago
3 likes

I once got paid by a petrol station to take an ice scraper. 

On reflection, this might have been a clerical error - but a win is a win.

Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
2 likes

I have 5 guitars. One of them is a proper Fender deluxe strat in a rare colour that I got for nothing!

I also got a shirt from Primark for £3 and some petrol for £1.12 at Tesco.

Take that OP!

StraelGuy | 6 years ago
7 likes

Are you Boatsie's cousin by any chance?

Boatsie replied to StraelGuy | 6 years ago
1 like
StraelGuy wrote:

Are you Boatsie's cousin by any chance?

1 I paid $130 for a $1.2k bike though. (Most often ridden bike I ride)

ConcordeCX | 6 years ago
11 likes

Thank you for these inspiring words. As a result of reading them I have decided to renounce the world and I now live underwater, consuming only nature’s bounty. And plastic micro beads, obviously.

Leviathan | 6 years ago
0 likes

Risky click of the day... I don't regret it.

Not quite sure what the OP is on about, perhaps inspired by some Radiohead lyrics.

BudgieBike | 6 years ago
1 like

Well done you. 

don simon fbpe replied to BudgieBike | 6 years ago
2 likes

BudgieBike wrote:

Well done you. 

Thank you. I was half expecting some sarcy comments, but genuine praise is appreciated.

don simon fbpe | 6 years ago
0 likes

I don't have to buy second hand to be happy.

Leviathan | 6 years ago
6 likes

I too am in pure luxury; I am eating a Walnut Whip.

Latest Comments