Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

2015 Cube Agree GTC SL mechanical to Di2

I am planning on upgrading my mechanical 105 groupset to Di2 Ultegra but I'm not sure if my frame is Di2 ready.  The cabling at the moment seems to be all internal, so could this just be replaced with the Di2 cables & kept internal or is it more complicated than that? Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

VeloUSA | 6 years ago
0 likes

The outer diameter of Di2 wires are approx 2.65 mm. It is difficult to determine if your entrance and exit holes (down tube, FD/RD) are large enough to accomodate them. Before proceeding further I suggest you loosen the cables and measure the holes.

rtw | 6 years ago
0 likes

Contact Cube (or go to your local dealer), they should be able to provide you with a blanking plate and a new insert for the downtube cable holes. That will help tidy it right up. There are likely gromets for the hole on the chainstay.

samcannadine | 6 years ago
0 likes

The brake cables will remain obviously!

There are certainly no issues with going Di2 if that is what you want, i did it with my giant. The only stumbling block i can forsee is the junction box the sits around the BB, to fit it may require removing the BB. If it has never been changed then it may provide a good oppourtunity to do so.

Johnpmc35 replied to samcannadine | 6 years ago
0 likes
samcannadine wrote:

The brake cables will remain obviously!

There are certainly no issues with going Di2 if that is what you want, i did it with my giant. The only stumbling block i can forsee is the junction box the sits around the BB, to fit it may require removing the BB. If it has never been changed then it may provide a good oppourtunity to do so.

Great, thanks

mike the bike | 6 years ago
0 likes

Or you could go eTap and forget the wire and battery problems.  After all, one day all electronic systems will be wireless.

Johnpmc35 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Johnpmc35 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Johnpmc35 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Johnpmc35 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Johnpmc35 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Some pics of current set up

Latest Comments