Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Spring classics game

Hi folks. I notice the start list for the Strade Bianche stage is not up to date. I'm under the impression that both of Sagan and Kwiatakowski (amongst others) will be starting the race and definitely amongst the favourites. Will there be an update?....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Was always going to be, he's been sub-par all year.  Let's hope his form picks up for the Tour otherwise Katusha won't be happy!

Scores for the race will be up later, I'm in a hotel with crap internet so it would take days to upload.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Was always going to be, he's been sub-par all year.  Let's hope his form picks up for the Tour otherwise Katusha won't be happy!

Scores for the race will be up later, I'm in a hotel with crap internet so it would take days to upload.

I think there may be a problem in that team. I watched him hanging out the back today all on his lonesome....seemed very little attempt to bring him back in...in fact none...

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Shocker of a day for Kittel.

jollygoodvelo | 5 years ago
0 likes

Fleche Wallonne has started and the window is still open... someone get their timings iffy?  3

0 likes

They do sound like really good odds. No idea who Bahrain will chose for the finale with both the Izagirres and Nibali on the roster, then there's Gasparotto who has experience here.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

They do sound like really good odds. No idea who Bahrain will chose for the finale with both the Izagirres and Nibali on the roster, then there's Gasparotto who has experience here.

It's just mad some of the odds we get in cycling. As it turns out Izzy did nothing but at 100/1 he won't do nothing every race. 

I've never been in a bookies in my life but if i did i'd be on cyclists way ahead of horses...

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Ion Izagirre with odds of 100/1 on a finish like La Flèche...what am I missing?

i know  there's a slight  chance he may be sent out to just keep the pedals turning over but anything else and those are really good odds. 

1 like

Only 8 rosters comfirmed so far, so hold off on transfers until we're sure of the start list.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Only 8 rosters comfirmed so far, so hold off on transfers until we're sure of the start list.

Oh aye. Not doing anything just yet. 

Sagan is installed as the bookies favourite so far but i'm just not sure. Even a bloke made out of left over bits of a world war one battleships might struggle to recover from Paris Roubaix...My dilema is to gamble that his 37.0 is better split for other riders...also Kwia and Gilbert very much fancied but then i just don't see the form really...

Just not sure that the game is backing the right horses this time.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
1 like

Crikey. So many  options for Amstel. I have no idea what to do...

0 likes

Saw this comment before I went to bed last night and said I'd check up on the results today.  They haven't changed, so I agree with Johnny, they may have been a lap down.  I'll keep my eyes on the results and this thread to see if any changes are needed.

MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm not sure the official results for Paris Roubaix are correct.

Watching the finish I have -

Van Aert 13th

Degenkolb 14th

Gilbert 15th

Jansen 16th

Haussler 17th

Van Baarle 18th

Marcato 19th

Wallays 20th

Unless the riders swapped jerseys during the race.

JohnnyRemo replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Maybe some confusion with riders crossing the finish line a lap down.

MinardiM189 replied to JohnnyRemo | 5 years ago
1 like

JohnnyRemo wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Maybe some confusion with riders crossing the finish line a lap down.

Yes that makes sense.

Wallays finsishing the race a few seconds down on Van Aert,  whileGilbert an the others have another lap to go.

0 likes

He hasn't been removed, he hasn't been added yet.  I'll be updating the start list later.

15 confirmed rosters so far, so I'll be updating today.

ben_hawley | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hi Andy, I notice Peter Sagan is not on the roster for Tour of Flanders but seems to be on start list. Was he removed by mistake?

runaroundsioux | 5 years ago
0 likes

nono To many choices, not enough transfer to put them all in. Grrrr

Still, we will just do our best and hope it comes good.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Such a tough game this one.

Easy to decide about whether or not it's a sprinters stage...so Viviani. Groenewegen, Debusschere..maybe it is maybe it's not...

Easy to decide whether Valverde will fancy it

Van Aert picks himself..

But how the hell do you pick between Naessen, Stuyven, Benoot, Vanmarcke, Stybar, Terpstra and co....it's just a guess as far as i can see....

Good luck to all...we'll need it...

0 likes

The confirmed flag is the green tick.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

I know PCS only have tentative squads to start with so i check elsewhere. Do PCS not have a "confirmed" flag anywhere? (even though i know it can still change).

0 likes

Anyone making changes to their Spring Classics line up for Dwars-Door, I'd suggest waiting until this evening.  PCS updated this morning, but only a few rosters are verified so watch this space.  I'll keep checking periodically throughout today.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Looks like it Andy. Should be quite a race coming up...interesting if nothing else...

It's hard enough trying to pick a team between Stybar, Naessen, Stuyven and co without all these other options chucking their hat in the ring. 

0 likes

Have you seen Valverde and Quintana on the start list? GC getting some cobbled experience for the Tour.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

QSF including all of Viviani, Richeze and Hodeg for Dwars Door...crikey....I wonder if they think it may come down to a sprint (ha)...

Also

Bardet included for AG2R is a liitle surprising...

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Back to the fantasy footy...In that game you have to complete transfers one hour before the kick off for the first game(s) for the whole weekend...exactly the time the first teams are announced for the first game(s)...so basically it's all based on hope.

Cycling no shows are but nothing by comparison to that game. 

0 likes

Yeah it happens dude, I had Stannard for E3 and he didn't ride.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Yeah i'm sure it must be really hard work to keep up with Andy...it was only a tongue in cheek comment. I usually try to look in the mornings now but i had footy today so had to do my transfers last night.

I'm sure we'll all have a few roster issues one way or another by seasons end.

The premier league all have to announce their teams one hour before kick off on twitter...and it's final...even if the teams is leaked before hand they have to do it again. Even with that hard and fast rule they end up with injuries in the warm up so it changes.

0 likes

Verandas Willems-Crelan were one of the last to confirm their rosters.  He initially wasn't listed on the start list.  Have a look at this to see how many riders were added during yesterday: PCS

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Boooo. I received an email last night saying Van Aert had been removed....so i took him out...turns out he rode and came in tenth.

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

The start list will just be for Strade, full overhaul for every race  1

I'm going to look into it now.

Pages

Latest Comments