Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Etap WiFli: Real world opinions

Morning all,

So, as a treat to myself, I'm considering upgrading the worn Ultegra 6800 groupo on my best bike and have kind of settled on Etap as the replacement. Can i ask any users of it how they're finding it, and any comparisons with other groupsets? My bike has external cable routing so Di2/EPS need not apply.

I have sram force HDR on my cross bike and not overly keen on mechanical sram, as the double tap system stops you 'fudging' shifts especially on the front, when the cables/indexing has slipped. But all the reviews, including on here seem to suggest the electronic is much slicker. Must admit, whether its quicker by the millisecond or not doesn't bother me, more does it shift when asked. I'm usually happy with mechanical and the way it works, but to have something that shifts like brand new cables 365 would be a dream, especially with the crap weatehr up here which means i'm changin cables alot more than before. 

Chances are, I'll be running it with the 6800 calipers (yes i've read about pull ratios) and potentially a dura ace cassette/chain as the price of the Sram ones are just silly. Has anyone tried this combination? 

Just looking from some feedback from actual Etap users before going ahead! 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments