Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Drink Driver: I need a car to get to the end of my drive...

Un - effing- believable!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-43155014

The drive is *only* a quarter of a mile long

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

20 comments

Simon_MacMichael | 6 years ago
2 likes

Post referencing address (whether it was correect or otherwise) has been removed due to being in violation of site terms and conditions, so any replies to that will have disappeared too.

This thread is now locked.

Leviathan | 6 years ago
2 likes

Well now we know her address, can we all hop over the gate and put a Strava sprint segment up her drive? Anyway don't be so mean, she is vital to the economy; Squandering her husbands recycling her assets through various private Cheshire cosmetic clinics. Think of all the Pinarellos it will buy.

Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
2 likes

Oh to have a quarter of a mile driveway.

Talk about detached from reality.

pockstone | 6 years ago
3 likes

I think slopping out and being banged up for 23 hours a day at the mercy of prison drug gangs might involve some 'lifestyle changes' for the poor unfortunates who are so sentenced. I've never heard  of this being accepted by a judge as mitigation. 

Her brief's argument seems to be no more than 'Don't punish her because she wouldn't like it very much.'

And it seems to have pretty well worked!

(The fine amounts to about one sixtieth of the value of her car! Harsh indeed!)

OldRidgeback | 6 years ago
5 likes

I read this elsewhere and feel sorry for her in  a way. Her husband did pretty much everything from what I've read. And she's devastated, which is understandable.

But her defence is so pathetic it's laughable - a 1/4 mile is 400m and if you can't walk that then you're in trouble. In any case she could always drive her car down the drive and leave it there, as it's private land.

Losing a partner can be tough and a friend of mine is struggling now, which is why I do have some sympathy. But her reliance on the bottle is not the way forward. And she also needs a wake up call in her attitude to others.

fenix replied to OldRidgeback | 6 years ago
5 likes

OldRidgeback wrote:

I read this elsewhere and feel sorry for her in  a way. Her husband did pretty much everything from what I've read. And she's devastated, which is understandable.

Well she SAYS that - but who knows the truth - it's certainly something she'd want to play up in court.  She seems adept enough to find wine in the local garage. It's not like she's been locked up in a basement for 30 years...

"I bought a sandwich at the shop and two bottles of wine and I just drank them there in the car. I threw the empty bottles under my coat - I was just so distraught. 

'I have never and will never drive after having a drink. I know it was wrong to have a drink in the car but I was desperate to get rid of the pain I was feeling."

Kind of clashes with "Police found Woodward slumped in her seat with a sandwich, her dog and two unopened bottles of wine next to her. "

The garage dude called the police on her BEFORE she'd got her wine - so she's trying to save her own skin by saying she'd only drank in the car after buying the booze. 

I'd not trust her as far as I can throw her. 

Griff500 | 6 years ago
2 likes

£560 fine plus £760 charges - pointless because this is small change to her.

15 days rehabilitation - again pointless because she clearly doesn't understand that she has a problem.

fenix | 6 years ago
4 likes

Shes driving an 80k jeep - the fine won't register at all.

Glad she lost her licence.  An awful attitude to other people's lives. 

Pity that she got off with no community service - it sounds exactly what she needs to do. 

Knocking around in an empty house doesn't sound healthy to me. 

Beatnik69 | 6 years ago
4 likes

1/4 of a mile is about 5 minutes walk so stuff her. as someone has already pointed out she can drive on her own land anyway.

Grahamd | 6 years ago
3 likes

£560 fine looks paltry given the changes made to speeding fines. 

Simboid | 6 years ago
7 likes

This spoilt cow is so overpriviledged she has lost the ability to function within society!

Can't walk down your drive? Get a taxi. Can't do community service because work is an 'alien environment'? Just turn up and try, pretty sure you won't get sacked.

Her life has made her so useless you almost feel sorry for her, then you read that her and her friends were partying all night before her husband was even cold in the ground and that she denied drink driving despite being caught in her car completely plastered.

Next time anyone refers to 'benefit scroungers' or claims that wealth is down to hard work and talent I will point them in the direction of this oxygen thieving, resource hoarding cockwomble.

Mark B | 6 years ago
8 likes

Surely she can still legally drive up and down her own drive after she's been banned? So how is the length of her drive relevant to anything?

brooksby replied to Mark B | 6 years ago
2 likes

Mark B wrote:

Surely she can still legally drive up and down her own drive after she's been banned? So how is the length of her drive relevant to anything?

Apparently if you're banned you're only allowed to drive on *completely private* roads.  So if she lets delivery drivers, postmen, etc up her quarter mile driveway then its not completely private. My heart bleeds... yes

madcarew replied to brooksby | 6 years ago
3 likes

brooksby wrote:

Mark B wrote:

Apparently if you're banned you're only allowed to drive on *completely private* roads.  So if she lets delivery drivers, postmen, etc up her quarter mile driveway then its not completely private. My heart bleeds... yes

Her driveway is completely private unless there's a bridleway or some such down it. By allowing trades people etc access does not make the property any less private. She is still liable for any damage she might do to them if she runs over them while inebriated, because dangerous or careless use of a vehicle is not restricted to public property. 

davel replied to brooksby | 6 years ago
7 likes
brooksby wrote:

if she lets delivery drivers, postmen, etc up her quarter mile driveway then its not completely private.

brooksby | 6 years ago
5 likes

Quote:

"She would have to make some lifestyle changes to go about her day-to-day life."

Yup.  That's the point.  And, thats a consequence of being caught while driving while three times over the limit.

Also:

Quote:

Cheshire Police found her slumped at the wheel of her £79,000 Mercedes G-Class 4x4, with her make-up smeared and slurring her words.

The court heard she had tried to buy sparkling wine at a petrol station to make bucks fizz for friends.

Classy yes

don simon fbpe | 6 years ago
3 likes

Broken Britain.  2

kil0ran | 6 years ago
3 likes

So, two days after the funeral and she's cracking out the fizz for her mates? Whatever happened to gin?

CygnusX1 | 6 years ago
4 likes

Self entitled rich [deleted] person wallowing in their own sorrow at husband's death, drives £80k killing machine around risking inflicting misery of loss of loved one on others.

CygnusX1 replied to CygnusX1 | 6 years ago
3 likes

CygnusX1 wrote:

Self entitled, rich [deleted] person heartless, gold-digging cow  wallowing in their own sorrow partying hard after inheriting huge estate at husband's death, drives £80k killing machine around risking inflicting misery of loss of loved one on others.

Corrected that for myself - missed that it sounded like a celebration of his demise not a wake.

Makes you wonder if the hubby should be exhumed so the coroner can do a toxicology report.

Latest Comments