Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Helmets, Child Seats, GUNS AND AMMO!, Shoes, Hydration Packs etc

Interesting thread on twitter about who makes some of your favorite cycling brands (and what else they supply)...

https://twitter.com/Naparstek/status/966155919494086656

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

DrG82 | 6 years ago
1 like

This company isn't alone, check out the parent company behind Black Diamond equipment (originally proper hippie climber types) and POC equipment, you guessed it, a major bullet manufacturer.

dottigirl | 6 years ago
0 likes

No more Bolle glasses for me.

Never liked my Giro helmet anyway.

davel | 6 years ago
0 likes

Ouch, I've got some peachy Giro shoes.

But the circle I'm having trouble squaring is how two of the biggest helmet brands, which will have been formed out of good intentions and peace and goodwill to all cyclists and protecting the cyclists' precious heads and for the freedom of the cyclists and evidence and love and everything...

are owned by a parent company that is so misanthropic that it funds the NRA bigly and files its financial reports with comments bemoaning changing appetites for its products.

fenix | 6 years ago
0 likes

No more Giro helmets for me.

fukawitribe | 6 years ago
1 like

Amen DJ...

Leviathan | 6 years ago
1 like

This guy was an arms dealer. Made his bank selling weapons to the bad guys... and the good. Let me learn you something big. It's all a machine, partner. Live free, don't join.

Canyon48 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hardly surprising.

Lots of companies are owned by much larger companies (who own lots of other companies). Those larger companies are often registered in tax havens aswell.

Latest Comments