Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Old single piece pursuit ends aerobars

Just wondering if any old round tube track bars are still around. I understand they're not so aero nowadays but I know they are comfy forward lean bars with lots of room to accommodate lighting. Some dog permanently borrowed my bike 12 years ago without asking. Lol.
Clipons might be faster yet the ease of use of 1 piece is why I like them. Pretty sure they use to clamp at 31.6 mm, maybe the smaller diameter.
I haven't found them searching 10 years on and off.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Boatsie | 6 years ago
0 likes

I have similar clipons in cupboard thanks. Im just weirded regarding single piece. 1 tube bent such to clamp normally in headstem although the brace choices were bullhorn (might have even been drop ends) as well as a brace similar to your picture.
I rode heaps with them, used to catch the train home about midday when too hot in summer. Always had to ride an hour or 2 every morning prior to the sun summer/winter.
I just wanted to look at a photo, probably simple, can't remember how they were bent.

Doesn't matter, my imagination loosing on that! Just wondering if any old pictures around. Pretty sure they were very old track bike design. Probably welded instead of clipped. Can't remember and I think my imagination has modified them.  1

BehindTheBikesheds | 6 years ago
0 likes

Something like these, I'll have to check that the clamp bits are still in place, think they are for 26mm

Tenner posted if suitable?

Boatsie | 6 years ago
0 likes

I'd never seen 1 piece and in the late 90's my friend at work sold me a set; $10. Old track use, not common nowadays being 1998,1999... Pretty close to dates give take 5 years.
Nowadays (now) most suggest clipons.
Thanks regarding site. Bars look comfy. Looking at pictures, clipons probably are easier. I'm happy with drop bars.

DaSy | 6 years ago
1 like

I have always liked pursuit bars, and I always went with Nitto, mainly because I was obsessed with Japanese NJS parts for my Kierin bike.

Hub Jub are a great source for these, here is a link to the RB-002 bullhorn, which was the bar I used to run. They are however always a small clamp, in this case 26mm and the RB-010 is a 25.4mm. They do however do an Ahead style stem that will accomodate them for around £20, as well as an array of the older quill stems (NJS approved at that!).

Here's a link to them - Hub Jub Nitto RB-002

Latest Comments