Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bigfoot cyclist

Hi
Can anyone recommend brands that sell road shoes (spd-sl preferably) in a UK13 or 14, EU49 or 50. Shimano do in their more entry level R & RP series but would like something a little more stylish if possible. After all, we know it's about the look, not how good a cyclist you are!
My budget is not high but trawling through the many many websites is proving a challenge to find the sizes.
Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Notbuilt2climb | 6 years ago
0 likes

I eventually found a pair of Lake CX217 Road Carbon Boa Shoes in a 50 at a reasonable price at Tredz.  Rode in them for them first time yesterday and they felt great.

Thanks again for the advice

0 likes

Thanks guys. All valued suggestions and I appreciate your help. Have been looking at the Shimanor RP3 and tried them on. Will definitely give the Lakes a look at too and contact them and Madison.  Need to get a pair soon as have signed up for the Wales sportive (I must be mad) and need to start covering a lot of miles.

Thanks again 

Doc Sportello | 6 years ago
0 likes

I've got wide uk13 feet.  I have a super comfy pair of Shimano RP3 s ( I think - White special wide fitting)  and a pair of Bont Riots -?but the heat moulding and fiddling to make them comfy was a real faff - there is solid raised rim about 1cm high that runs round the outside - if you have any bony bits on the outside of your feet they will sit flush against it - but you can heat mold.   They are good though.  - and a £20 pair of sports direct for occasional mountain biking.

Doc Sportello | 6 years ago
0 likes

I've got wide uk13 feet.  I have a super comfy pair of Shimano RP3 s ( I think - White special wide fitting)  and a pair of Bont Riots -?but the heat moulding and fiddling to make them comfy was a real faff - there is solid raised rim about 1cm high that runs round the outside - if you have any bony bits on the outside of your feet they will sit flush against it - but you can heat mold.   They are good though.  - and a £20 pair of sports direct for occasional mountain biking.

part_robot | 6 years ago
0 likes

Lake do 48 and 50 in most (all?) models and are absolutely fantastic shoes. Have a chat with them; their CEO's super helpful.

Roadie_john | 6 years ago
0 likes

Shimano used to do all their shoes up to size 50 which is about a 13.5 in U.K. sizes. Usually a special order though. Even 48s are often a special order, but it’s got a lot better over the past couple of years. Try phoning madison direct and asking what they do. Most shops aren’t happy about ordering shoes in for you to try...

1 like

Thanks Boatsie.  They are very similar to my old R087s that are now being used in spin classes.  Not a bad shoe and they have lasted me nearly 4 years, so can't complain.

Cheers

Boatsie | 6 years ago
0 likes

Shimano RO77
I'm a dumb arse,, us uk sizing confuses me. Is around 13 of 1 or the other.
Foot length, heal toe is just shy of 30cm
Wide swimmers foot.
European 52 fits me well with that shoe pair.

Cost me twice purchase. Online pair too tight so I waited until I could go shopping to get a fitting pair. Shoe much worth the effort to fit at a LBS. Everything else on the bike can be adjusted. You'll be walking on your feet when not riding.

I like them. Getting sore top of left foot but not sure if that the broken ankle, the 1 week old work boots or the riding shoes. I like them.

0 likes

Thanks Johnny. Yes, it's a very limited selection available. I'll check out the Sidi's.

Johnnyvee | 6 years ago
0 likes

I take a 49 in Sidi shoes and they are great but you have limited choices in bigger sizes and styles.

Latest Comments